Author Topic: Ever had a lazy day ?  (Read 23301 times)

Offline Innovative

Ever had a lazy day ?
« on: January 18, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »
Whats your best story of hanging at a job? Has it been a hot chick? Watching ESPN on a 50" Plasma? Snacking out of the fridge? We all have done this one time, please let me know!

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
Re: Ever had a lazy day ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 08:06:01 PM »
Innovative

If I were your boss, you would be fired on the spot.  :o :o :o

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:40:54 PM »
I'll admit, only one time in my career have I taken a liberty on a customer's job...My partner and I were doing an interior repaint in a VERY wealthy client's house, nobody home, but the big screen left on...During Ron Reagan's funeral. We stopped what we were doing and watched one of the most respectful memorials to a President of the United States we had ever seen. I regret none of it...Including the hour of labor we docked ourselves for the priviledge...

I'm not partisan in either direction, but have a deep respect for the office and those who held same, and appreciate the regard shown...

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
Eric

Big difference in what you did . But my point is respect for other people's privacy & belongings. I use the " how would I feel " rule. It's just a matter of respecting a client's home.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
Lynjo; Understood and agreed.

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »
Well one time when i was someones employee, we got to work and after a looking at what we were going to do that day one of the bosses decided that we could do that work tomorrow and instead we went fishing and drank a few beers. So i got a paid day of fishing and drinking beer. Another time our builder that we had been working for wanted us to meet this Realtor he was going to get tied up with. So it was after we got done working for the day ( we were painting the builders personal new home ) we drove down the road to the realtor's home. We shot a couple games of pool had a beer and talked about work for a bit.
We also were working at a customers lake and would go to work a couple of hours early and go bass fishing.
Sean

Vin

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
I'd take advantage of a nice bass pond myself, asking first of course

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »
Heh heh, Vin, you'd wouldn't do much good up here, painting-wise...Three quarters of my customers are lake home owners...And darn-near all of 'em tell me where the keys to the boat are...I'm just glad that my work ethic outweighs my love of fishing...

You're invited to come up to go fishing, but don't ask me for a job... ;) ;D

Eric

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 07:12:29 AM »
If the home owner has cats or dogs I end up wasting a fair bit of time playing with them.

Particularly cats. Their more reserved when it comes to a stranger in the home. So I go out of my way to let them get familiar and friendly with me. Dogs are too easy. Let them smell your hand then give them a scratch behind the ear and your their new best friend for life (or for the length of the job).

I also often get offers from many clients to stay for dinner at the end of the day, and I sometimes accept.

Vin

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »
Heh heh, Vin, you'd wouldn't do much good up here, painting-wise...Three quarters of my customers are lake home owners...And darn-near all of 'em tell me where the keys to the boat are...I'm just glad that my work ethic outweighs my love of fishing...

You're invited to come up to go fishing, but don't ask me for a job... ;) ;D

Eric

Yeah I wont be able to keep my head in the paint knowing theres fish's to be caught.

SHEESH all i ever get are leftovers , stuff left in the fridges and cabinets after people move out though there was a time when some college gals had left behind entire cabinets full of canned and boxed food and a freezer full of meat I filled 2 green garbage bags full of food and ate for a month without having to shop ;D at the time I wasn't doing to well financially so this was a gift from heaven to me.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 11:07:06 PM »
Had my camera with me today at work & could not resist this picture. This fella stayed in that spot for 4 hrs. hanging on for dear life in the high winds. Can you find him?

Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »
Lynjo,
that is hilarious;   and I think I know.  At first I thought there was something hanging there like a big cat.

Vin

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »
Looks like theres a cat going up that tree also? :o

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 07:28:56 PM »
No, There was no cat around. Just a fat squirrel hanging on for dear life. I'll post another pic. showing you where he is located.

Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »
What, he's still there? Lynjo, you may need to climb up there and check for a pulse... ;D