Author Topic: how do i post a picture on my profile?  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Artisan J

• I'm a painting BEAST !
how do i post a picture on my profile?
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
how do I post my picture on my profile? i tried and it won't let me...why?
"God loved the world in this way; He sent His only first born son into the world that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life!" -John 3:16

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
Re: how do i post a picture on my profile?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »
Artisan

Are trying to use the new feature that has been added to the forum. It should have step by step instructions. If it is working right maybe you need to let admin. know. Or are you using a program like Photobucket?

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Jared

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »
Artisan - if you are trying to upload your pic from your computer to the site directly, there are some requirements for the pic - file size and physical size.  If your image is too big in either of these ways, you can resize it, first (if necessary) physically (which will also reduce the filesize at the same time) - then, if the filesize is still too big, try reducing the quality of the image.  I recommend saving the image file with a new name each time, to CYA.  ;)

If you are trying to use a hosted image which resides on the web somewhere, there are also the same image size requirements - although the values might be a bit more forgiving for a web-based image used as an avatar here.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »
I tryed to upload a pic that was 8.5 kb. That should be small enough, but it wouldn't take it. Either direct or from photobucket.   ?
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Vin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »
I tryed to upload a pic that was 8.5 kb. That should be small enough, but it wouldn't take it. Either direct or from photobucket.   ?

Whats the size (height and width) of the photo? mine is 72 pixel x 77 pixel

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Flying this Spruce Goose
    • painterforum
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
Sorry Guys, the feature was disabled at the server level ( unknown to me until today ) for security reasons. Of course external picture links still work. Use the "IMG code" provided by the image host. Linked profile avatars can be no more than 120px X 120px  in actual size.
Thanks,
admin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:22:01 PM by admin »
I am a webmaster in the tradition of Howard Hughes, I fly this Spruce Goose of a website through cyberspace by the seat of my pants and I usually manage to keep her just above the water, but every now and then I get a wet ass. Let me know if you feel a shudder.

Vin

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:43:55 PM »
Sorry Guys, the feature was disabled at the server level ( unknown to me until today ) for security reasons. Of course external picture links still work. Use the "IMG code" provided by the image host. Linked profile avatars can be no more than 120px X 120px  in actual size.
Thanks,
admin

AH HAH i couldn't find the details anywhere, looked all thru the profile info , nuthin.

Thanks Admin ;D

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:23:47 AM »
Good ! Now I can post a Sexah pic like Jared!   ;D
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

anything