Author Topic: Jake's Tips-N-Tricks Thread  (Read 99825 times)

Offline Straight Edge Painting

Re: Jake's Tips-N-Tricks Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 06:05:02 AM »
I love ideas like this.  I always misplace my rag so I made a lighter leash thingy into a rag holder. Now I always have my rag!  ;D

interior painting ponte vedra beach fl

Offline paintit.com

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Great way to get flyers out. Put postcard size flyers in zip-lock bags with clean gravel (marble chips) in them to wait them down and so you can throw with ease. Fill several 5 gallon buckets with them and hit the road. When throwing out the window, try to hit the driveway close to the mailbox. That way it's not out of the way for the homeowners. You can cover lots of houses quick like this.

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 06:54:27 AM »
Yeah a sag happens when too much paint builds up from a cut line and it dries before it levels out...

Straight Edge Painting LLC
Home Painting Contractors

Offline airclay

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
damn, it's so good to see variations on the same things I've been doing and folks have been laughing at :)

Offline facembanidaimon

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
I carry a utility knife, a razorblade and a sanding block with me.  At the end of the day I keep them with my keys so I never forget them.  :)

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
Yeah a sag happens when too much paint builds up from a cut line and it dries before it levels out...

Straight Edge Painting LLC
Home Painting Contractors
quick tip to avoid that?...when working from a deuce or 2 gallon bucket as you load the brush and tap the sides paint builds up on the side of the bucket...load your brush from the side build up by tapping the tip of the brush against the side loading it with the built up paint, then you can cut in countertops without the sag...try it sometime
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline Galowyyp

Jakes Tips N Tricks Thread
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »
Similar there is something?
The best of the best mt4 ea for reliable trading

Offline Carriejebu

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 01:20:32 AM »
I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.
I'm using the auto trading system for reliable trading

Offline WinnieWabi

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
You are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
Time-tested expert advisor for independent business

Offline Telesvyjo

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
I confirm. I agree with told all above.
The best of the best forex trading system for successful business

Offline EpicFinish

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
I recently learned a nice little trick for cleaning up new pine soffits prior to applying oil based varnish.  Many times on new constructions the newly installed soffits are dingy and dirty from laying around prior to installation I.E. boot prints, oily hand prints, black marks, you name it.  I wish it weren't so.  Some very uncomfortable sanding is usually implied, either using a power sander or elbow grease while killing your neck and shoulders.  No bueno.  Turns out if you apply some of your oil base varnish to those stains as you go along with your application, and spot sand the stain the oil actually helps pull out a lot of the stain making sanding out the dirt and prints sooooo much easier.  Simply amazing vs. dry sanding.  Yes, it's a little messy as if you're using a sanding block it will get covered in product.  The benefits are worth it though.  Wish I'd known this years ago.  This allows you to do much of the clean up as you go along with your application, opposed to dry sanding everything and then coming back through a second time doing the actual applications.  It won't work on everything, but for the superficial stuff... magical.  Worth a try.  ;D

anything