Author Topic: Welp I got bad news today  (Read 20720 times)

Offline mjmpainting

• MJM Painting
Re: Welp I got bad news today
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 07:08:25 PM »
Fun colors. I said steal something. It was a joke. lighten up, folks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:43:08 PM by mjmpainting »

Offline funcolors

• postingpro
    • Color Strategies, LLC
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »
Lighten up backatcha.  Of course I knew the steal something comment was a joke 'cuz I laughed when I read it.  It was funny because I knew you were kidding.

I also knew that death threat (obviously a joke as well) could be taken out of context and too seriously by someone who may not have the same sense of humor.  Since it seemed I was the first one on the scene so to speak, I thought it would be a good idea to reinforce the fact that death threats and stealing are indeed funny and people should laugh whether they want to or not.  Because I said so. There's my attempt at sillyness.  Take it or leave it. :P
Funcolors because color should be the fun part.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 01:57:52 PM »
A recent local news story...... A fellow was trying to submit/file some information related to his child custody case. He went down to the local courthouse only to be sent to another bureaucratic office, from there to another, then another,  with each one telling him to hire an attorney.
While standing in the last of several offices he had been sent to that day, his frustration boiled over at the lack of help he was receiving, and he blurted out:
"What does someone have to do to get any attention around here.. shoot someone!?"
He was promptly arrested and charged with communicating threats to a public official. He was eventually found guilty and received a hefty fine, a three month jail sentence (which he served), and probation after his jail time was served, and of course, he now has a criminal record...

AHHH..The reality of Post 911 paranoia... 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 08:48:36 PM by rmichael »
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Vin

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »
Well if there's one thing in life i've learned , there's consequences to all of my actions. So the way I see it is there either going to be positive or negative depending on my reaction to any given situation.

I did go a little negative the other day and i did leave a message asking simply to be acknowledged but thats as far as I go in desperation .

I went fishing Friday with some friends one who's finished everything he needed to get done in order to become a Doctor, he's been waiting 8 weeks for them to approve his application for a license and he could totally relate to me. He called them , the licensing board 20 times last week LOL so it' not just me out here.

I'm going to give them a few days before making contact again I guess this is a good sign I need to work on patience, so I need to work on that anyhow. Theres no real rush I have a job things are really begining to take off again i'm booked everyday for the next 3 weeks with paint jobs and the money will start flowing in once again, as it always does this time of year. I have some side work coming up so i'll be back to grinding my teeth to get everything done wishing I had time to fish. I'm also not really ready to run a business I still have alot to learn and to think about.

Offline mjmpainting

• MJM Painting
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 02:03:34 PM »
Lighten up backatcha.  Of course I knew the steal something comment was a joke 'cuz I laughed when I read it.  It was funny because I knew you were kidding.

I also knew that death threat (obviously a joke as well) could be taken out of context and too seriously by someone who may not have the same sense of humor.  Since it seemed I was the first one on the scene so to speak, I thought it would be a good idea to reinforce the fact that death threats and stealing are indeed funny and people should laugh whether they want to or not.  Because I said so. There's my attempt at sillyness.  Take it or leave it. :P

ok. all good.

I'd just like to see people realize that we're people too, and we don't have to be perfect all the time... we like to kid and joke around too. That's all I've ever tried to get at.

Vin

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
I think and yes I was thinking about this this morning, that some of us have a different sense of humor then others, of course I take very little serious when it comes to the internet i've been there done that don't need to get to involved in all of that stuff, have to use our common sense and becareful about whats said hat much i'm sure of like the case above the rmichael posted.

Ok what i found out from a call from DOJ this morning is ( yeah they finally got back to me), they do not have my background criminal history all they have are my prints. All I was told to do was send the State my history and the DOJ my prints seems someone left out that one very important part so i'm going to foreward what I can find since a few things I sent I didn't make copy's of (DUMB) and need to request back all my records from the State.

At least I know now just a leedle bit more........

Offline Paint Mode

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »
  The death threats was a joke, but the rest of what I said is 100% true. The government produces nothing, is efficient at nothing, and they spend money on inefficient things because it's not thier money.

I could care less if the President is reading this. Sue me.  ;D

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
Paint Mode
Members of the forum realize it was a joke. Lighten up. It was just a little friendly advice from someone who cares what other people think. I agree with what you said. We just don't want to offend the public viewing our forum.  :)

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »
  The death threats was a joke, but the rest of what I said is 100% true. The government produces nothing, is efficient at nothing, and they spend money on inefficient things because it's not thier money.

I could care less if the President is reading this. Sue me.  ;D

"Hey Cheney, What kinda dirt we got on this Paint Mode fellow."

;D ..just kidding guys & gals
rmichael
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:06:12 PM by rmichael »
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »
Thats a good one rMichael

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Vin

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 11:32:35 PM »
I'm just amazed that they can't get all the info on me they need with those fingerprints I sent now there sending me on a goose chase, always one more hoop to jump thru I suppose no biggie.

LOL rMichael those guys would just make something up if they had to LOL and that coming form a Republican......