Author Topic: San Francisco Victorians  (Read 6209 times)

Vin

San Francisco Victorians
« on: March 02, 2007, 01:39:47 AM »
These were taken last year when I went for a visit I have some video for you guys next week that I took a few weekends back while visiting my Sis up there.

I like to go to San Fran a couple times a year just stay for a few days I can't take much more then that it's a really crazy town but it has some of the most gorgous architecture and painting i've seen anywhere.

THESE ARE CALLED THE PAINTED LADYS

CHURCH

THE CITY

OLD STYLE CABLE CAR THAT STILL RUNS THE STREETS

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
Re: San Francisco Victorians
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
Beautiful place but to crowded for me. I live in the middle of 3.5acres & still think my neighbors are to close.    ;D

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Jared

Re: San Francisco Victorians
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
Beautiful place but to crowded for me. I live in the middle of 3.5acres & still think my neighbors are to close.   

Lynjo - you would have loved my old cabin in Vermont I lived in back some years ago.  Was on 10 acres - but was surrounded on 3 sides by hundreds of acres (maybe even thousands, not sure) of state park.  Right at the foot of Mt. Mansfield, on the other side of the mountain from Stowe resort.  As remote as it gets - for the eastern US, at least.

but if you want to see the one spot in the US that is the farthest drive to a populated city, I believe that'd be near the CA/OR border.  I lived for a couple of years in this tiny little coastal northern CA town called "Trinidad", about 1 hr south of the state line - minimum 6 hours drive to San Fran or Portland.  I like to say that Trinidad is where the redwoods meet the cliffs meet the ocean.  One of the most beautiful spots I've ever seen.  Truly paradise in the summer...  but it is about as remote as you'll find.

Oh yeah, real nice shots of those victorians, Vin!  ;)