Author Topic: Excellent Job Contract  (Read 19131 times)

Offline Joshua

Re: Excellent Job Contract
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 11:48:40 PM »
I never did sign a contract with clients when I stared out, and still to this day don't sign one with the old clients. However, I do sign a contract with every new clients. There was a case last year where a customer owed me 5 digit number, when I walked out the job :-\. The case is still pending for me to get my money. Have I not had a signed contract there was no way to take any legal action to recover the money.

I also learned my lesson too. Years ago I didn't use contracts in doing a job, so what happened was I never got what was due to me. The client said that it was not what we have talked about and only paid me 75%.  As a result I now have a contract that states the job description and the pay details. Never take the risk, we are here to earn.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:16:56 AM by the PAINTSMITH »

Offline pinantan

• do I use the wood end or the hairy one?
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
been in the biz 36 yrs and seen many a guy ripped off or get pennies on the buck from a court.
If you are uncomfortable bringing up a contract tell your customer that your acct. and lawyer made
you do it after a customer took you.
And you feel very uncomfortable doing it.They usually feel bad for you
liens are crap unless its anew construction or the client wants to sell
By the way.Hi to everyone im new.

Offline KBP

• www.KevinPalmerPainting.com
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:36 PM »
In Connecticut, if you aren't registered as a Home Improvement Contractor and you do not have a written contract with specific elements ie.  start/completion dates, HIC #, etc. you have virtually no rights legally regardless of any other "understanding" or agreement.

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
This is how I set up my proposal forms:

Thank you for time in showing me your project...

Our painting process:
(be very detailed here-tell them what your normal painting process is)

Scope of work:  (be over detailed here, tell them what is included and what is not included)

Total Investment for labor, paint, and materials $$$$

I understand this is a large investment for painting.  We do feel our prices reflect the value of the the type of service we offer.  We hold ourselves to the highest standard and this mean that you get the best quality of work and the ease of working with a painting company who's number one priority is your comfort and satisfaction.

Please email me back to confirm you received this proposal...

Thank You,

John Doe Painting Company

house painters Jacksonville fl

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
I call my lawyer and/or slap a lien for anything over $500. I don't make it easy for them to walk away, and if bankruptcy court starts doling out assets, I want to be sure I'm line. I'm too old and mean to work for free.

couple weeks ago I got ripped off for $850... ouch...
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 12:58:02 AM »
Work according to the terms and conditions of contract is the sign of trust.You can easily work by signing contract.We are working from 1984 and have SDB 8A SDB certification.

www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:11 AM »
Written contract should be there in any business. With the help of this we can work in an effective manner.
www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline JamesBN

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
Great information sharing here.

Offline facembani223

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:38 AM »
You can easily work by signing contract.
We are working from 1984 and have SDB 8A SDB certification.

Offline EvaRogers

• Professional Painters Palm Beach
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 01:01:34 AM »
Whether your house or company needs a new interior or exterior painting job, painting your deck or patio, hire business painting palm beach for professional painting services.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:04:28 AM by EvaRogers »

Offline xunu166

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »
The case is still pending for me to get my money.

Offline jpacelt

• Florence Painting Contractors
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 12:38:09 PM »
I think if you don't take any money down, then you are basically working for free until you get some funds from them. In essence, you are loaning them your time until they pay you. I am not a bank, therefore I don't loan anything. I let the customer fund their own home improvement project.

Offline jpacelt

• Florence Painting Contractors
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
I'm kind of half way in between . I usually have a contract, always if it is a new customer. My contracts are much simpler, although I do try to list all components of a job.  I would feel a bit taken back, if I were a customer of mine, with the adversarial tone of some of the parts of the above contract.
  But if your relationship with the client becomes adversarial, it is needed.
And I also think there is a difference in a 1 or2 guy shop , where the client has the person who they originally talked to, who comes and does the look and wrote the bid, and then shows up to do the work.  Much different than a biz with a different guy for each stage. Much more personal.  And it's harder to stiff someone your more personal with. Not impossible, harder.

Offline Painter_paul1

• Paul Black Painting
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 09:20:26 PM »
A lot of the dialogue and information is seriously misguided. Guys, get licensed, get insured, and get contracts. No telling your customers that "your lawyer made you" this is silly. Be professional.
Paul Black Painting
 www.paulblackpainting.com