Author Topic: Excellent Job Contract  (Read 67990 times)

Offline paintcrafter

Re: Excellent Job Contract
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »
Working without a contract happens. It's hard to cover all of the bases all of the time. It seems that every time I work without something written, albeit even an email; the customer or myself forgets the details and we end up with that pregnant pause that makes check collection so much more difficult and less efficient.
4th Generation Painter...what an idiot.

Vin

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
I make a list of the total scope of the job and make sure that NOTHING is missed no matter how small I then go over it with the client once we agree papers get signed I also add an extra note that anything added to this contract must be agreed upon and signed by both of us and that there will added fees. I have forgotten to write things in and the client has caught it but other wise most contracts have gone very well this way, so far.

There is NO working without a contract unless it's my close personal family,period.

Offline waynec

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
I find that contracts benefit both parties involved. I know that if something goes wrong such as non-payment, then I have signed paperwork to bring to court if it gets that far. Also, the customer will feel secure that they are also protected. By the way, I'm a newbie to this forum.

Offline jwzumwalt

• A&A Painting and Remodel
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
www.aa-painting.com/public/6-templates/sample-contract.pdf

I keep copies of each job and have created generic templates for major types of work. This is a good example of my "exterior residential" contract.

I always use a contract for jobs over $1000.00; or jobs over $500.00 were quite a few options were discussed. I generally do not add addendum's or update the contract if extra tasks are added during the coarse of the work.

I have never needed to assert the contract but I know that in several instances the customer has gone back and read the contract to clarify a point. Contracts keep hard feelings or mis-communication from occurring.

I just had a customer think I should have painted some window sills because of an offer to include them in the "living" room paint job. They chose to have me install baseboard and paint the bathroom. Wouldn't you know it... they thought the window sills were "free" - I did not write a contract so I did them anyway. I will end up with more money by a good referral then enforcing the point.

Shame on me for not jotting down a note on a small piece of paper that had the agreement!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:26:08 PM by jwzumwalt »
--------
Thanks - JZ

Offline rochele20

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 11:46:47 PM »
Signing contracts for the work you are going to do is a lot helpful than verbal agreements only.

Offline Joshua

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:48:40 PM »
I never did sign a contract with clients when I stared out, and still to this day don't sign one with the old clients. However, I do sign a contract with every new clients. There was a case last year where a customer owed me 5 digit number, when I walked out the job :-\. The case is still pending for me to get my money. Have I not had a signed contract there was no way to take any legal action to recover the money.

I also learned my lesson too. Years ago I didn't use contracts in doing a job, so what happened was I never got what was due to me. The client said that it was not what we have talked about and only paid me 75%.  As a result I now have a contract that states the job description and the pay details. Never take the risk, we are here to earn.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:16:56 AM by the PAINTSMITH »

Offline pinantan

• do I use the wood end or the hairy one?
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
been in the biz 36 yrs and seen many a guy ripped off or get pennies on the buck from a court.
If you are uncomfortable bringing up a contract tell your customer that your acct. and lawyer made
you do it after a customer took you.
And you feel very uncomfortable doing it.They usually feel bad for you
liens are crap unless its anew construction or the client wants to sell
By the way.Hi to everyone im new.

Offline KBP

• www.KevinPalmerPainting.com
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:36 PM »
In Connecticut, if you aren't registered as a Home Improvement Contractor and you do not have a written contract with specific elements ie.  start/completion dates, HIC #, etc. you have virtually no rights legally regardless of any other "understanding" or agreement.

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
This is how I set up my proposal forms:

Thank you for time in showing me your project...

Our painting process:
(be very detailed here-tell them what your normal painting process is)

Scope of work:  (be over detailed here, tell them what is included and what is not included)

Total Investment for labor, paint, and materials $$$$

I understand this is a large investment for painting.  We do feel our prices reflect the value of the the type of service we offer.  We hold ourselves to the highest standard and this mean that you get the best quality of work and the ease of working with a painting company who's number one priority is your comfort and satisfaction.

Please email me back to confirm you received this proposal...

Thank You,

John Doe Painting Company

house painters Jacksonville fl

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
I call my lawyer and/or slap a lien for anything over $500. I don't make it easy for them to walk away, and if bankruptcy court starts doling out assets, I want to be sure I'm line. I'm too old and mean to work for free.

couple weeks ago I got ripped off for $850... ouch...
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 12:58:02 AM »
Work according to the terms and conditions of contract is the sign of trust.You can easily work by signing contract.We are working from 1984 and have SDB 8A SDB certification.

www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:11 AM »
Written contract should be there in any business. With the help of this we can work in an effective manner.
www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline JamesBN

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
Great information sharing here.

Offline facembani223

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:38 AM »
You can easily work by signing contract.
We are working from 1984 and have SDB 8A SDB certification.

Offline EvaRogers

• Professional Painters Palm Beach
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 01:01:34 AM »
Whether your house or company needs a new interior or exterior painting job, painting your deck or patio, hire business painting palm beach for professional painting services.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:04:28 AM by EvaRogers »

anything