Author Topic: My airless has a horrible spray pattern, why?  (Read 41120 times)

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
Re: My airless has a horrible spray pattern, why?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 05:26:12 PM »
Chip, sounds like me writing at 3am. When I spray using FF210, FF211 I am on the door or trim, closer than 12", maybe 8" but its quick or as desired by the results. I can add that spraying steels and fiberglass first coat (prior to anything ever on the door) you might want to be back a bit and get a feel for your distance and how the paint wants to sit on the doors. Paint wants to run easier on fiberglass vs. a factory primed steel.

I really cant complain at all about my setup, I am happy with the lack of overspray. I can shoot 16-18 masonite MDF doors in a single room and you wont really see any overspray in the air except for where the gun is at that moment.

Spraying Benjamin moore 314 acrylics is a much different thing than spraying ICI Dulux 1407 semi-gloss for example. BM 314 will run like crazy and comes out of the gun twice as fast, its so much thinner to spray so that needs to be considered.

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »
I do new construction, trim, ceilings, not the wall spraying type though. I like your blog link. I have been teetering on the fence over the radius 360. I have heard good things about them and nothing negative.

Thanks for the nice comment on the blog. I'm really happy with that Radius 360º. Sanding walls is really one of those things I do not care to do but using the Radius 360º makes it a better experience. Plus being able to attach it to your Wooster pole or whatever is very nice. We do many high 16'+ great rooms that have lofts and until the Radius 360º, I used to duct tape the 5' standard pole to the long extension pole.

Offline Harmonpa

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:52:26 PM »
You need to either use a smaller tip , increase your pump pressure, or thin the material.  What your getting is what are called fingers, essentially lines at the edge of your pattern.  Thats due to the material not being atomized enough which is a result of one of the three things mentioned.

How to use an airless sprayer

https://www.pittsburghsprayequip.com/2017/10/13/how-to-use-an-airless-paint-sprayer/

Offline NabilKuco

My airless has a horrible spray pattern why
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 02:26:26 AM »
Good gradually.
I'm using superior trading system for independent business

anything