Author Topic: Price per linear ft to replace baseboards?  (Read 3043 times)

Offline offthewall

Price per linear ft to replace baseboards?
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:37 PM »
Probably should be at a trim forum but I couldn't find one and I'm sure someone here can answer this question.  I am helping a buddy of mine lay travertine and to do so we are pulling off all the base to lay it underneath.  My question is he doesn't have the tools or time to replace it and I do but I have no idea what to charge to reinstall it?  Its already been painted and we're being careful to keep it in good condition as we pull it off so really its just a matter of lining it all up, nailing it on,  puttying, caulking and painting.  I was thinking a time and materials charge might be the way to go unless someone else has a better suggestion. 

Offline ABulick

Re: Price per linear ft to replace baseboards?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:13:47 AM »
A question I can answer. My hardwoods installer finished laying a beautiful Bruce floor on one of my jobs. When I showed up to put the baseboards back I discovered he threw them all away. Unbelievable!

I had to install then prime and paint in place due to time constraints and not having the room to  let me prime and paint first.

I installed 188 l.f. of  cove base in 4 rooms, about 16 copes and 14 mitres. Masked the p-diddly out of the floor.

Charged $1285.00 The base for all it's trouble was only .28 a foot. 1 gal of primer, and 1 gal of Velspar color, used less than a 2 qt's of either.

If I didn't have to paint I could have probably done it for around $875.

Offline offthewall

Re: Price per linear ft to replace baseboards?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »
We're not throwing it away, its new base in a new construction condo so its perfectly reusable.  All I would have to do is put it back where it belongs and finish it off with caulk, putty and some paint touch ups around the new nail holes.  There are a couple of pieces that will need to be replaced because they broke while trying to pry them off but otherwise it should be a pretty cake job.  Just wasn't sure what to price it at.  Thanks for the help.