Author Topic: What do you guys listen to?  (Read 31944 times)

Offline loumiron

What do you guys listen to?
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:04:33 PM »
I am audiobook addict. I listen to everything, stephen king, clancy, straub, grisham. I also have an extensive collection of the CBS radio mystery theater and coast to coast am. I always listen to this stuff on the job. My boys work for me, they're young, 24, 21, 18, 12. The older two are kind of into them now. The younger still wanna rock. Sometimes on interiors when the homeowner is there they get into it too.
I know, its nerdy, but it realy makes the day fly.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
Re: What do you guys listen to?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:09:22 PM »
Whoha- Can O worms!   My other handle is congahead- wanna dance?   ;D

My Office...

"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:28:47 PM »
My Office...

Whoa! That's the office of a multi-tasker if I ever saw one.

Vin

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
I'd hate to live in the room next to that one LOL damn Bj we can tell you love that music.

I listen to country and rap, hiphop and oldies, soft jazz and acid jazz just all depends on my mood. 8)

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »
fitty cent if you can name half the instruments in that pic...

;D

And my joystick with my fav game - Il2 Forgotten Battles  ( WW2Flight combat sim)

When it comes to distractions, I rule!!
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Vin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »
I see a keyboard to the left  and a mixer over to the right otherwise it looks pretty insane LOL

Eric can probably name off a few instruments in there

Hereyou go for clarity

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
Yeah...I think I have the same joystick, I play with the WWII flight sims too (I used to have a blast playing this one too)...I see the congas, the pads, some drums on the side, the keys, a DAW--is that a Tascam? Mine's a Yamaha...What looks to be a Behringer compressor, though the pic's a bit fuzzy, is that a mic pre on top of it? No wait, the Berhi's have all their in/outs in the back of the unit...A couple sets of phones (one of 'em a Sony, Sennheiser or AKG), and one of those neat microphones disguised as a Molsson... 8)

Offline MiTm

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »
Classical, radio Will, the University of Illinois NPR site. I almost always have the radio on no matter where I may be working. I always tell the client what I listen to so there are no surprises...Beautiful music is a great inspiration.

mark
"Each is the Architect of their own Joy and Sorrow"

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »
If the clients are around, its classic rock or country. Never talk radio as it will tend to invite people into political debates. Not allowed on my jobs period. But, if the clients are gone, or its a commercial job, or in my truck alone, well........I'm a closet headbanger from the old days. Its Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Alice in Chains, etc. Keeps me pumped up and going. Its my fountain of youth.

Jared

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »
heh, I just passed a truck today on the road with a "King Diamond" sticker in the window.  I suppose some folks still remember the heavy music of old...  ;)

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
Rock on Tim. That would give me a headache from hello.

We listen to golden oldies, country & soft rock. Golden oldies never offend. Some time a little hard rock if we are far away from clients.  ;D

Lynjo

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Jared

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 09:04:24 PM »
It's funny...  folks look at me and assume I'd be rocking out at work - after all, I still have longer hair than probably anyone else here, women included.  Yet I almost never listen to music while working.  Not that I don't want to...  but with most of my jobs, music seems inappropriate, and over the years I have gotten used to working without tunes.  Today I was about 2 hours north of here, to paint doors inside a McD's inside a WalMart - the WalMart management won't even allow me to bring in a cup of coffee or a even sealed bottle of Gatorade in the morning, and they are still undergoing construction as well!  With limitations like this as commonplace, music is simply out of the question. 

At home I listen to a good mix of classical, jazz, metal, classic rock, some modern rock & pop but not too much, and absolutely no country or rap.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 09:22:24 PM »
MickyD aint gotta know about your MP3 player or Ipod... dunno.. that Ronald McDonald fellow kinda freaks me out... ;D

Parrothead / Deadhead / Dylan / Crosby Stills & Nash / and hey.. good music is good music regardless of the genre....   ;)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline Chip McCheckellson

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 01:15:54 AM »
I'd hate to live in the room next to that one LOL damn Bj we can tell you love that music.

I listen to country and rap, hiphop and oldies, soft jazz and acid jazz just all depends on my mood. 8)

Country AND  Rap?!?

Im giving Guinness (world records) a call........just in case.   ;) ;D

Audiobooks! Thats an awesome idea! I might start Steven Kings Trilogy over again if they have it, thanks!

Oh, and the comedian Adam Corolla gets me through the mornings.

I use the later digital version of these:
They work great because they don't get in the way of hats or mask bands. I upgraded to the digital version because im a channel surfer and it has weather and TV station reception, but they don't sound nearly as good as these in the picture, which use the old analog dial, but thats mainly because they fit me differently, so your mileage may vary. The 1 AAA batery lasts a couple weeks, 8 hours a day.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:55:23 AM by Chip McCheckellson »
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die, opt to adopt.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:34 AM »
At 2:00 in the afternoon we here in the remote hinterlands are treated to one of the most entertaining talk shows you'll hear; Garage Logic. It's out of Mineapolis and franchised in 3 states that I know of, perhaps one or two more...

A true tradesman hasn't had a day until the Right Mayor and Fireworks Commisioner gives you a ruling on your kid's name or the 48-hour rule on a man-toy purchase...

Hail the Flashlight King!!!

Oh, and I'm pretty easy to please, music-wise...Anything except rap, disco, polka, elevator and some mariachi...