Author Topic: What do you guys listen to?  (Read 31946 times)

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
Re: What do you guys listen to?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 06:32:35 AM »
Eric Gets the Fitty Cent.  Add a brazilian timba, a flemenco cajon,  At couple of jam blocks, a tuned chime, the pads are a handsonic, a steel pot ( jup, beat in that too! Also holds my beirembau gourd) .

As far as my listening-  mp3's whith phones most the time. Work by myself, so no one to talk to anyway. And guess what! World music!  I like country music- a few of my favorite countries are brazil, cuba, senegal, spain etc.  A little  rock, blues some electronic etc.

;D
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline loumiron

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
Get an Ipod fellas. SW rep gave me one.

Vin

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
Had an ipod shuffle got tired of downloading and taking off music all the time.

I go thru a radio about every 2-3 years I pretty much keep rock going when at work :o I can't help like Tupac a little now n then ;D one of my favorite groups is Zapp and Rogers  remember that group?

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 10:41:09 PM »
Right now I'm listening to a bagpipe band with brazilian samba percussion. Pretty cool.  ;D

I've ripped all my cd's onto my computer, plus buy most my music with DL ( haven't done P2P since the guilt factor really set in..)

I still use a mp3 cd player most the time.  $30 rather than 250 for an Ipod.   Works fine. Then I arrange the cd's into types/moods.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Jared

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »
Buy an ipod?!?

SOMEONE hasn't done their proper electronics shopping...

buy an ipod, and you'll spend a lot more than you should for a piece of electronics that is "locked in" to proprietary file formats.

Plus I always hate myself when I spend WAAAAAY too much on any item.  Ipods are SO severly overpriced that I think I'd actually shoot myself for such a foolish waste of money.

(Note to those who have NOT bought an ipod yet - look at ARCHOS models instead, and get twice the features for half the price - plus a better warranty that is actually honored by the manufacturer...  and you can use almost any file format you want in the Archos models.  Oh, and you can get a video player with almost twice the storage space for the same price ipod gets for a non-video player with half the storage space.)

Just FYI.  Not intended to get anyone rialed up.  ;)  Do the research for yourself and you'll see just how bad apple is raping you when you buy an ipod.

Offline loumiron

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 04:02:31 AM »
I have a 4 gig green Ipod. It is indestructable. The battery can go for 24 hours. It was FREE from the SW Rep. The biggest perk is its so easy. It will convert any file type to MP3 for me with just a click. Jared, thos archos are junk, so are the Zunes. I have had 4 different MP3 players some costing just 30 bucks. This IPod is the king, by far. I couldnt tell you what it cost but I would pay way more than 250 for it. Its STEEL man. Its rugged as hell. No batteries to buy. I purchased a boombox that has an intergrated interface for the IPod. I just sit the IPod into its cradle and am in business.

PS. Years ago I worked for this old guy, he was like 100 then. He would not use a roller. He would BRUSH everything, walls, trim, ceilings, floors etc. He said the new fangled rollers cost too much and didnt work right.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 11:53:35 AM »
......and Bill Gates is the anti-Christ, Steve Jobs is the bitter Ipod Apple, Hell, all I want is a little music to help soothe the occasional beast. If the SureBilly rep wants to pass em out for free... sign me up..  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:55:52 AM by rmichael »
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »
And I'm butting in line !   ;D

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »
Hey BJ
Ladies before gents.  ;)

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Vin

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 06:07:54 PM »
I buy all my painting radios at garage sales ( found the one i'm using now in the dumpster 2 years ago, CD thing didn't work radios FINE) for a$1.00 they last like I said 2-3 years

Thing about Ipod, (I had the cheap one the "Shuffle" $80.00) was using that danged MP3 uploading program
 I think it was called iTunes? hated that program

:-*

PS. Years ago I worked for this old guy, he was like 100 then. He would not use a roller. He would BRUSH everything, walls, trim, ceilings, floors etc. He said the new fangled rollers cost too much and didnt work right.

My Mom has had her own home painted twice by a guy  old retired painter, all he uses is those big ol brushs and his work is flawless, takes him forever and + a day to get it done but it's nice work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:12:35 PM by Vin »

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »
When I was going through apprenticeship in the late 70's, our teacher made us paint out a room that way, just to show how it was done.

If thats all you did- you'd have the popeye arms of steel- for real!!

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »
BJ, you're in the Cities, aren't you? My little brother worked for an outfit down there in the 80's that did brush-only work. Very expensive, very reputable. I forget the name, but do you know of them and are they still around?

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
I think the shop that was ste-rikly Ol boy ( mainly Swedish immigrant craftsmen, which deserves a bit of history of its own)  that I remember was Roos- Frick.  They went the way of the new world eventually though....

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »
Most of our work is brush work on exteriors. Don't even think of pulling out a sprayer in these upscale neighborhoods. One speck of paint where it isn't suppose to be & they will have your head.  ;D

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 08:39:30 PM »
When I was going through apprenticeship in the late 70's, our teacher made us paint out a room that way, just to show how it was done.

If thats all you did- you'd have the popeye arms of steel- for real!!

I know of a crew in Raleigh NC that does only Historic home interiors... all brush work, no roller or spray on walls or ceilings ...  :-\ 
Back in the long ago I was taught the "crow footing" technique of laying on wall paint with a brush by a Master-Craftsman Painter & part time Wino.... I swear those guys made it all look easy, and their highly developed skills seemed common place in the Trade, today it seems a rarity...
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

anything