Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Ceiling Paint  (Read 11030 times)

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
What's Your Favorite Ceiling Paint
« on: May 08, 2007, 01:00:28 AM »
Like the title says. What is your favorite product/brand to use for ceilings. And why?

99% of the time its a flat white, or off-white ceiling. I used to always just use a contractor grade or mid grade basic flat white latex paint. Nothing especially branded or marketed as a ceiling paint. But I have been noticing them not performing as well over the past year or so. I think. Don't cover as well as I think they should, and are now harder to roll without leaving flash lines.

So I'm about to experiment with a few different products.

I buy about 80% to 90% of my paints from ICI as I like most of their products and the store here treats me well and gives me good prices. But I'm not above buying certain products from the other dealers in town.

Right now I'm trying BM's ceiling latex. Used it before the odd time here and there. But am going to pay more attention to see how it really performs.

Anyone have any recommendations? Though I'm sure a few brands or products you might mention may not be available where I am.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
Re: What's Your Favorite Ceiling Paint
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »
Stever- do a search for " moorecraft super hide flat ceiling paint " with the search tab above. Did a whole thread on this recently.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:05 AM »
We use Benny Moore's Muresco Classic Ceiling White.

Offline tallpaul

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »
Benjamin Moore here also

Offline Mattie

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Cloverdale has a ceiling paint in a gel form I'm kind of fond of.  ;D. Does Benjamin Moore also, I wonder?

Mattie

Offline GreenMtnPainter

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »
I use high quality flat white wall paint.  SW Superpaint usually.  Love the look, goes on super easy, and covers in one coat almost all the time. strange?  I dunno just never have found a ceiling paint I like.  I'm thinking about trying California's diamond white ceiling paint (I think thats what its called).  I've heard great things from some locals...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:19:04 PM by GreenMtnPainter »

Vin

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »
I use high quality flat white wall paint.  SW Superpaint usually.  Love the look, goes on super easy, and covers in one coat almost all the time. strange?  I dunno just never have found a ceiling paint I like.  I'm thinking about trying California's diamond white ceiling paint (I think thats what its called).  I've heard great things from some locals...

HEY there in MA they can't call it California ;)

So you all agree acrylic latex is the bomb for ceilings?

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 04:26:52 AM »
Stever- do a search for " moorecraft super hide flat ceiling paint " with the search tab above. Did a whole thread on this recently.

when i search for that all I get is this thread.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:01 AM »
Try   muresco ceiling  it's the March 9th thread. But the concensus is Muresco. (Me too) .

Not a cheap paint, but one that dries super flat, you've really got to try and make it lap etc. 

If someone wants a specific color in ceiling paint ( does happen) I use BM Super Spec Flat.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline rcpainter

• "Only The Best"
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »
Muresco is the best I've ever rolled, but for spraying I usually use SW Pro-Mar 700 flat. It's one of the cheapest they sell, but it covers great and touches up even better. :)
Royal Crest Painting is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor in the state of Florida. With ten years experience, we offer many solutions ranging from drywall finishes and texture, to custom homes, to commercial roof coatings.
Feel free to contact for a written estimate within 24 hours.

Offline Faron79

• PRODUCT REP.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 01:02:50 AM »
C2 Ceiling white...
If any of you are near a C2 dealer, this stuff rocks! I was applying it using the slit-foam roller on my popcorn ceiling this week (yes, I'm weird...I like popcorn ceilings... 8)!).
* Was very impressed with the flow & cling of it.
* It's almost a "dead" flat, & a very nice shade of white.
* Retails at about $21/gal. normally.

Faron
Hmmmm, people spend $$$$$ on furnishings...
BUT, Oh my God, that paint is $40/gaL!!
It's the most noticeable part of an interior!!

Offline D. Berry

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »
Pratt and Lambert makes a nice ceiling paint.  Doesn't show lap marks.

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
Muralo's 'pure pure white' has great hiding and coverage w/ no laps...
their new 'Refresh' ceiling white is perfect for ceilings that just need to be cleaned up a bit.. best of all, the Refresh retails at under $20 ...

Be Well
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)