Author Topic: How long do your brushes last, really?  (Read 36978 times)

Offline thebrushand

• Andrew Crichton Master Painter and Decorator
Re: How long do your brushes last, really?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:23 PM »
What surprises me is that nobody has mentioned the Brushmate for storing oil brushes. I dont think it has reached America yet! It is an airtight box racked out for 4 or up to 20 brushes, with a slow release solvent
that prevents oil paint from drying. There is no liquid to spill or shake out, and no time wasted ever getting set up with white paint ( we use white primers and undercoat at least 60% of the time). I wrote about the brushmate on my blog http://andrewcrichton.blogspot.com/search/label/Equipment
Is that what this is?
www.painterforum.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=603760804729e94b38226b0a5c6d07f8&keyword=brush+keeper

No. It is much simpler.

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
Re: How long do your brushes last, really?
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
What surprises me is that nobody has mentioned the Brushmate for storing oil brushes. I dont think it has reached America yet! It is an airtight box racked out for 4 or up to 20 brushes, with a slow release solvent
that prevents oil paint from drying. There is no liquid to spill or shake out, and no time wasted ever getting set up with white paint ( we use white primers and undercoat at least 60% of the time). I wrote about the brushmate on my blog http://andrewcrichton.blogspot.com/search/label/Equipment
Is that what this is?
www.painterforum.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=603760804729e94b38226b0a5c6d07f8&keyword=brush+keeper

No. It is much simpler.

Yeah i looked that up online and saw quite a few different versions of it. Looks like a great thing if running oil. I wish i would of known about it back then.
I was just wondering if the "Brush keeper" was one too because it seems so bulky just to hold brushes. Plus it says it has a drain valve on it as well.
Sean

anything