Author Topic: XIM Peel Bond Question  (Read 34275 times)

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
Re: XIM Peel Bond Question
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »
Spot priming is recommended only under high-hiding topcoat paints. For best results prime
entire surface before painting.

Tommy,

I"m not going to beat this to death, but keeping in context with the directions above probably means to prime the entire surface with Peel Stop, not a different primer. Peel Stop is a primer.

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Offline Tommy Boy

• PRODUCT REP.
    • Peel Bond
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »
My mistake, I misread it. Thanks for correcting my error.
"Peel Bond, a different way to paint"

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »
Used Peelbond for the first time today....I'm impressed!
Really looks like it's filling in and leaving the wood smooth.
Didn't put any finish coat on today maybe tomorrow.
I'll let everyone know how it does.
Maybe some pix?
It ain't easy being cheesy

Offline D. Berry

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »
Ya! good Idea!  sample gals all around!  Tommy's buying!    ;D

TOMMY

Hey Vin,  I would say Tommy Boy would be a good dance partner for Elaine on Seinfeld.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
I have a job starting next week that has a bunch of really old and bad shape divided light double hungs. ( Interior).  I'm planing on scraping, quick sand and a healthy dose of PeelBond to level them out. I report back how that goes . Oh- bad sills too- normally I would skim.  We'll see about PB.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline D. Berry

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:15 PM »
This is a quote from the post identified below.  I have never used Peel Bond.  I'm sure it couldn't be applied on the situation below to help, but is it useful to scrape until you feel fairly safe even though more paint will peel off and then apply Peel Bond?  I guess what I'm asking is, does Peel Bond actually bond peeling paint?  I can't imagine it could.

How loose is loose?
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:16:30 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When do you stop scraping? Sometimes i find myself digging with a pull-type scraper using most of my arm strength for hours. With some of our buildings, when the sun hits it, you can take a 5-1, and if you keep working it, the whole side will come off. It just keeps coming. The thing is, i don't know if its necessary. Sometimes in the morning when its cold, we'll scrape the side with a pull-scraper and it flakes off and we don't get that much and what doesn't come off seems pretty solid. Then we'll come back after the sun hits it and it all wants to come off, but with a 5-1 and in long strips.

The thing is, i just painted with another painter for the first time this last week and another exterior. I was doing some scraping and he said "don't scrape it all, it will just keep coming off." He said, just get the "paint that raised 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:44:14 AM by D. Berry »

Offline GreenMtnPainter

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »
is it useful to scrape until you feel safe and then apply Peel Bond?  

Heck Yea.  Thats exactly what I do every day  ;D

anything