Author Topic: Whats the deal is everyone workin hard or something  (Read 10874 times)

Vin

Whats the deal is everyone workin hard or something
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »
not many posting lately must be the summer Rrrrrush HEH HEH

I just wanna give a plug out to STEVER he did a great job working on my web site, plus got me on the front page of Google, the guy is a AWESOME website guy.

Thanks Stever

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
Re: Whats the deal is everyone workin hard or something
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »
Thanks Vin,

Your a tad premature. Your not ranking for the keywords that matter, just yet. That will take some time.

I noticed the forum slowed down a bit too. It's a summer time thing, i think.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
not many posting lately must be the summer Rrrrrush HEH HEH

Yeah Vin, with all the wet weather we had this spring I'm having a heck of a time catching up. Another rain/wind day today though.

I'm still having trouble with the IP as well...

Jared

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
So busy here that I'm referring 70% or more of my calls to others, as I am not yet ready to expand to a full-time crew.

Gotta love this time of year, consistent good money flowing in - if only the phone would stop ringing long enough to get some work done!

And don't forget to try to schedule some jobs waaaay ahead of time for the slow season...  just nailed down a huge job for the entire month of December.  It's nice knowing I won't be starving for the holidays this year.  ;)

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »
For me it's weird. I am slow, jobs appear in the nick of time so I'm not dead, but I should be booked out 3 months.

Going to try that "marketing" thing....

Wait and pray is getting me nervous.  :-\
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 06:57:04 PM »
It's been super busy for me to. Got so much work I'm booked into Sept. and I've got seven jobs waiting for me to go and bid. It's crazy around here since the hurricane. Baton Rouge almost overnight became the biggest city in the state and just started blowin' up. Yesterday they announced a major film production studio going up. It will require 7,000 construction jobs! and 5,400 permanant jobs.
Also a couple of new hotels by the airport and high-rises downtown.
Won't affect me other than make it harder to find good help. Maybe I need to learn to speak Spanish....that might help.
Any way it seems the faster I go the be-hinder I get.

It ain't easy being cheesy

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
For me it's weird. I am slow, jobs appear in the nick of time so I'm not dead, but I should be booked out 3 months.

Going to try that "marketing" thing....

Wait and pray is getting me nervous.  :-\

Get yourself a maintenance contract. They'll work wonders for you. We do the WeFest outdoor music festival, it's almost like printing money every year, and guaranteed work.

I'd like to find a maintenace contract for the winter though...

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 07:34:40 PM »

Any way it seems the faster I go the be-hinder I get.

lol. I know that feeling.

Vin

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
I'm going to have to come up with a new game plan and i think its going to have to start with my diet, start eating oats in the morning and drinking alot more water, take food to work with me so I can munch as I go.

after 5-6 hours of working and not eating I feel like dropping , I need to get at least 8-10 good hours in to keep up, they've started double booking us with jobs plus what i have on the side is going to take weekends and evenings so may not be seeing me much either here shortly.

Glad most are doing well, good luck guys

Stever I'm real happy with what you did so far haven't gotten any results yet need to get a counter on there see if i'm getting hit at all I know you gave me a link or 2 for that i'll get it setup if i can LOL

Offline loumiron

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »
I've been working 14 hour days, with no time to even go an bid stuff. Got a Sikkens call that I can't pass up so Im going there on Sunday after church. Ive been inside for a week and the rain came everyday so I got lucky I guess.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 06:17:04 AM »
Sikkens, ick. Great money, major PITA quotient. People just don't get the high maintenance aspect of the stuff...

Offline blackwolf

• Just the fax maam
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »
Same here, I have been working non stop since April 1st, but I will be taking a mandatory vacation(wife) to Aruba next week, going scuba diving, I do have work lined up for when I get back though.....Hey Vin try some fruit breaks through out the work day before lunch and after lunch, helps keep the sugar level up :o, I did the same as you and I was not as productive  :P as when I had small snacks through out the work day.

Happy Painting all ;) 

BW

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
been off and on here in the puckerbrush since april.. of course i only do inside work..
signed on w/ my 2nd kitchen and bath renovator which puts me on the road for up to 90 minutes to get to the customer...
november looks good w/ 6 2BR apartments to freshen up...
still, its not as steady as it was last year...
oh well....  a little bit of up and a little bit of down... 

Be Well
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)

Offline wgcpainting

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:18 PM »
Figured its time for me to brush in with a few words and stop lurking around, although I've always thought that you learn more with your ears than your mouth.

I've got jobs lined up, problem is that they are all exterior and its raining everyday here in razorback land. Who would have thought it would only be 75 for a high in the middle of July.

Hope you guys and gals are all doing well and everyone has a paintastic day tomorrow.

Offline Mattie

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 07:03:02 AM »
Really busy here too. Just finished a job yesterday and now taking a planned week off to rest the old bones. Starting an exterior job next, and it's HOT out there!!  8)

Life is good
Mattie