Author Topic: First bid from Truck Lettering  (Read 12207 times)

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
Re: First bid from Truck Lettering
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 11:35:27 PM »
I have a Van with large signs on all sides for the past two years. I got a call from a potential customer last week who was the first person to call me by seeing sing on the van. ??? By the way, my web address is posted on the van as well.

nabira, that might be a matter of the presentation. Something about it is turning people off instead of turning them on.

Offline loumiron

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »
Magnetic signs scratch your paint. I did them for years. They get broke in the winter when it cold, they come of in the car wash. The vinyl letters are much much better.

Offline nabira

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »
I have a Van with large signs on all sides for the past two years. I got a call from a potential customer last week who was the first person to call me by seeing sing on the van. ??? By the way, my web address is posted on the van as well.

h
nabira, that might be a matter of the presentation. Something about it is turning people off instead of turning them on.

You are probably right, It is a huge web address sign with a T presented as a brush which might be hard to read the T.
I paint sparrows yellow! I also sell canaries to pet stores!

Vin

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 10:55:46 PM »
I got my first call from my website today , maintenance contractor for a Rite Aide wants me to bid a small job covering graffiti and then paint out the wall to match the rest of the building, thanks to Steve for getting me better setup with the site and out in the publics reach.....

I priced decals $90 for the back window i'll be doing that soon.

Offline venusxx

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just some notes on signage...

Keep in mind the kind of customer you want to attract....
If you drive a fancy new rig with an artsy sign on it you will be better off cruising through the high class neighborhoods of your area to get business. When I see a fancy sign with an artsy logo on a truck I think Big company, too expensive for me.

Lettering size......
Love the idea that the sign should be large enough to be read from my front porch swing! I think you are more likely to get hired by an older person that is tired of climbing ladders to do their own painting and has enough money in the bank to pay to have it done. So make sure they can read your sign.

Website....
If I see a web address on your truck, I am going to check it out and decide from there. All of the same rules apply to the website as the sign. When I visit your website I want to see pix of your work. Before and after pix would be great! Show me some average middle class homes too, not just the big fancy ones that you have done. If you do drywall repair, show me. Oh yeah, please don't include any of those annoying flashing things on your website.

Area.....
It would be helpfull to include the areas that you work in on your sign. I want to know that you work in my area and are not just driving through town. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area many towns run together. If you live in San Francisco and that is the only city listed on your sign, I will not hire you because I live in San Jose. So list all of the cities/town that you work in.

Specialty....
If you want residential, commercial, interior, or exterior work, include it in your sign. I don't want to waste my time calling a painter that doesn't do the kind of painting that I am looking for.

One more thing....
If you have a sign on the side of your truck don't assume that I am flirting with you when I am trying to read the sign! You can smile and look friendly but please remember that you have a sign on the side of your truck... and not every good looking blond wants to jump your bones ;D

Hope this is helpfull,
Vee

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
Vee
Some good points that you made. I especialy liked the last one. When your name is on the side you should present professionalism.
Sean

Vin

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »
please remember that you have a sign on the side of your truck... and not every good looking blond wants to jump your bones Grin

I get that all the time I aint got no signs just a big muscled up arm hangin out the winder ;) which also happen to be where my web address is at   ;D

anything