Author Topic: A pretty cool house I painted...*fixed the picture*  (Read 15735 times)

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
Re: A pretty cool house I painted...*fixed the picture*
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 02:33:48 AM »
It was a new construction home.

The exterior was 1 coat of oil primer on all cedar(the white trim). Then 2 coats of Duration home on both the cedar and the concrete composite siding. Then after we were done he asked how much it would cost for a third coat on everything cause he was worried about the sun reflecting of the lake in the backyard. This guy had no gag reflex at all!  Cha Ching! $$$ Wish I had pictures of the back, it was so cut up with one covered BBQ area. Three decks, all redwood. We did a light stain on those.

The interior took us like 6 months. 9500 square feet. Full finished basement. Lots of colors I think 25. Five different enamel colors on the trim, So many split colored doors and door jambs. Then the two-toned stairways with painted spindles, skirts, risers.. then the stained hand rails, newel posts, and scribe moldings... like most houses but this one had four stairways! ???

I think this guy was a real drinker too. He had a small pub with a full bar that walked out onto one of the decks. Then a small bar/wetbar in his master bedroom. Another full bar/pub in his basement. And last but not least anther bar in hid BBQ area on one of his decks.

I forget how many windows it had but i do remember it had 72 doors in that house not including extirior doors.

Oh and above the garage there was the nanny's quarters. A nice sized apartment.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:35:50 AM by Bauer »

Offline SixInARow

Re: A pretty cool house I painted...*fixed the picture*
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »
Wow, someone has some cash! lol.  I've done an exterior about 75% of that before.  It pretty much sucked.

anything