Author Topic: spraying laquer  (Read 3990 times)

Offline am painter

spraying laquer
« on: August 13, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
what is your favorite set-up for spraying lacquer. I have tried many. I  am currently used a hvlp gravity fed satajet gun with a compressor. I was thinking of buying a air assist, but can't really justify the cost right now Whats your guys opinion?

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
Re: spraying laquer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:44 PM »
I have used many airless rigs for this. My favorite is a 695, but a titan 440i could handle the job without any problems.
Sean

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »
I too use a Graco 695 with a tiny tip, like a 3-11. A 4-13 will work, but you have to move fast. Lacquer, as fast as it will dry, will still sag and run if you puddle it on, even a little. I know a few painters who, when sanding between coats, neglect to dust, saying that the next coat reactivates the dust into the finish coat--I consider this laziness and extremely risky. I HATE a cat-toungued finish...

Offline AM Painting

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
I have a lil titan , use it exclusively for LQ. I used to have alot more of it when I was in new construction. When the LQ work was aplenty I would cycle my new fine finish tips in via the LQ pump , when they got a lil more blown they would move to my paint tip can. Reason being I wanted the best possible coating with the LQ no fingering allowed.
AM Painting

anything