Author Topic: Eager to Please  (Read 7522 times)

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
Eager to Please
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »
Many many years ago I did catch up painting for a very busy residential building contractor. Each morning the overbearing Super would give me an impossible punch list and a butt chewing for having not completed the impossible punch list from the day before. On this particular day I had just arrived at a complex of  quad unit apartments to begin my first task on the list, "stain all interior doors in the three completed quads." before I could get out of the truck the Super called me on the two way radio ( cell phones had not yet complicated our lives ) " The insulation guys are coming, grab a hammer and a tape measure..."  He instructed me to measure three feet out from the back exterior wall and four feet from the interior wall of the back bedrooms then knock a large hole in the finished ceilings, the hole needed to be big enough to accommodate the average insulation guy, an attic drop stair would be installed later. He repeated that the measurements would fall between the rafters, and "Hurry up!... The insulation guys are on their way!"
Being "dumb young" and intimidated by the SOB I grabbed a hammer and ran up the common stair of the first quad, the first two went fine, actually it was kinda fun until I smacked the hammer on the finished ceiling of the third apartment and hit solid wood. I measured twice more, with two more hammer whacks before I realized that I was in a DOWNSTAIRS apartment. :-[

The next day my punch list began with "Fix stupid ceiling damage in downstairs apartment."....   ;D

rmichael

Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline Chip McCheckellson

Re: Eager to Please
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:28:29 AM »
hehe ;D
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die, opt to adopt.

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
Re: Eager to Please
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

oh man, that sucks...   such a moment of DUH!  life is good, aint it?  :D

Be Well
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)