Author Topic: Anyone want to buy a painting company?  (Read 11378 times)

Offline rcpainter

• "Only The Best"
Anyone want to buy a painting company?
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:44:28 AM »
I hate to say it guys, I'm seriously considering selling the business. Going through a divorce right now and I'm considering doing something new for a living too. Don't know for sure yet but seriously considering it.
Royal Crest Painting is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor in the state of Florida. With ten years experience, we offer many solutions ranging from drywall finishes and texture, to custom homes, to commercial roof coatings.
Feel free to contact for a written estimate within 24 hours.

Vin

Re: Anyone want to buy a painting company?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »
Hang in there rc take a break, take a breather, step away for a minute and relax give this some time before throwing it all away its not the end just a new begining.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »
rc
Sorry to hear about the divorce, hang in there things will get better. I know, been there do that (twice) the third time was the charm. Happiest 20+ years of my life. Remember think twice & jump once. Think it through before your decide to sell your business.

Best of luck with the rest of your life.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rcpainter

• "Only The Best"
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:05:27 AM »
Well folks,
I filed bankruptcy on the company. I'm in the process of working out payment plans with debtors because I dont believe in just ripping people off. I still paint, I just laid off my painters and do what I can by myself. It's very peaceful, which is real nice right now. The bankruptcy just gives me a little room to breathe. I dont think I'll ever take on some of the size of work we used to; too much hassle and when you get screwed, you get SCREWED!

I've gotta say, I've gotten a lot of good help from a lot of decent people on this forum. And I appreciate it a bunch! It's been real stressful for a while but thankfully its calming down now. I really appreciate the encouragement Lynjo/Vin. I'm coming out of my little hole now. Kinda shut down there for a little bit. It's amazing how much structure family makes in your life. When that isn't there, nothing's the same.

I'm thinking about joining the army now. It's something I've always thought about, but never was able to do. We'll see I guess. I'm still researching it to see what field to enter. I'm thinking either Special Forces or Airborne Rangers.

Ive met a lot of real CRAFTSMEN/WOMEN on this site. People who take pride in their work. That is something I hope time will never change. It seems like less and less people care as much about quality, but I believe there will always be some people out there willing to pay for quality work and honest people. I guess thats where we come in...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:35:06 AM by rcpainter »
Royal Crest Painting is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor in the state of Florida. With ten years experience, we offer many solutions ranging from drywall finishes and texture, to custom homes, to commercial roof coatings.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »
rc

I'm so sorry you had to do that. real bummer, but it opens the way for you to go on.
 I was hopping for better news on the home front but keep your chin up. things will get better with time. If there are children involved make sure they know it was not their fault. Children seem to think it was something they did.

Keep us posted & please don't leave the forum. We try to make friends here & cheer each other on.

Good luck with the rest of your life.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:28:18 PM »
Best of Luck with all your future plans, we sincerely want all of our members to do well. Keep in touch.

rmichael
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline rcpainter

• "Only The Best"
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
Thanks guys.
I'll definitely keep in touch when I can. I'm going to the Army base next week to figure out what career looks most appealing. They have a lot of good signup bonuses right now. :)

Good luck with your health Vin. I know eating healthy is about the most important thing for all of us especially as we get older. I guess that's life too; the better you balance everything, the better life you'll have.

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 12:08:03 AM »
Be careful about making rash decisions now.

Your in a highly emotional state and bound to make bad choices. In going through a break-up/divorce you'll want to make very big changes in your life, to put some distance between you and your past life. It's some weird psychological defense mechanism. But is not necessarily the best thing to do.

anything