Author Topic: looking for repair advice on nova 395  (Read 6506 times)

Offline rivdog

• I'm a llama!
looking for repair advice on nova 395
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:52:43 AM »
not sure if i should post here, but  I need some tech advice on my nova ultimate 395.  Specifically the pressure transducer.  cant get machine to prime and just repacked.  Any help is appreciated. 
Git er done!

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
Re: looking for repair advice on nova 395
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
I would normally suggest to give the pump a few gentle light taps with a rubber mallet just below the pump, often the ball will get stuck if not properly cleaned.
Did you do the repack yourself?
Could your primer switch be bad?
Sean

Vin

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »
http://www.graco.com/Internet/SiteSearch.nsf/Search?OpenAgent&Mode=Q&Query=nova%20395

Offline rivdog

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:08:18 AM »
Thanks f\or the replies.  Yes i repacked myself, but it is the 4th or 5th time ive done it.  maybe the ball is stuck.  Will it do any harm to take that piston back out and double check.  I think the prime valve is ok.  If i take the filter out and watch it, it holds and releases as it should.  But it is not a vigourous cycle w/ot the filter in.  Thanks for the link, ill keep up.  just dont want to spend a ton of dough.   
Git er done!

Offline rcpainter

• "Only The Best"
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:58:43 AM »
Sprayers are finicky things sometimes. It sounds like you could have a small particle blocking the seal in the top ball. (the one inside the piston) Another hint although unlikely, I once repacked a Graco 5900, and even though I'd done it probably 10 times on various machines (we had 4 identical 5900's) I somehow managed to put the plastic washers on the piston backwards. BRILLIANT! ;D
Don't know if that helps you or not, but good luck!
Royal Crest Painting is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor in the state of Florida. With ten years experience, we offer many solutions ranging from drywall finishes and texture, to custom homes, to commercial roof coatings.
Feel free to contact for a written estimate within 24 hours.

Vin

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »
Blow threw the suction hose to make sure nothings obstructing it.

Sounds like something went wrong with the rebuild did it work before you rebuilt the pump?

make sure all parts are going in the right direction theres a piece tha ball sits on has to be right side up.