Author Topic: What is the best exterior paint  (Read 58991 times)

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
Re: What is the best exterior paint
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 06:16:21 PM »
That is a big reason why we do not use SW, poor customer service, walking in and being ignored is a real turn off. We get reps telling us all the time that that does not happen any more, along with that and not having comparabile prices.
Sean

Offline PaintPro

• Serving NC's Triad area.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 06:34:21 PM »
Thats funny.  Thats my biggest complaint about SW...their customer service.  I didn't realize how much of a common complaint that was.  I would be very concerned about that if I were them.  As far as Duron...I used them for about 10 years.  When SW bought them out, they slowly (and sneakily) started raising their prices.  3 times in 1 year to be exact. They wouldn't mention it, it would just show up on the receipts.  SW/Duron is a company on the downward spiral, and their lack of interest in their customers is a major reason in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:54:47 PM by PaintPro »

Offline tallpaul

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
I have a great SW store here. I buy far less paint from them than many customers but they still give my name to potential customers all the time and are always eager to help me. I'll mention (jokingly) something about a product being too high and the manager will discount it and set the new price in the computer for my account. And I've never had a problem with color match. I had the same experience in Texas with the SW store I used there. I guess it just depends on the the relationship you have with them and the quality of management.  But I have to agree with Jared about the local BM dealers. They seem to know more about painting than most painters...or so they let on.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
We don't use BM here because they are never there to mix your paint. It's a small hardware store & only 1 guy can mix the paint if it is a custom color. It's a crap shoot as to whether he is there or not. He may be gone for days at the time. Just can't wait that long. There is/was another hardware store close by that sells it, but you couldn't even get in the door for junk piled around everywhere & her cats. Never even tried to get paint there. I think she just went out of business last week. If BM would open a good paint store in our area they would have a lot of business. Not any chance of that though, they are to loyal to the hardware stores.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 05:52:42 AM »
Lynjo,
If that were the case around here I wouldn't use BM either. A hardware store is a retail business that does not discount much. Maybe worse than that doesn't have people that are really trained to mix paint.
I'm lucky to have a BM dealer thats been around since WWII and has 4
locations. Paint stores need to realize with paint being so similar in quality, for a lot of us it really comes down to customer service.
It ain't easy being cheesy

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:10 AM »
lackamoola

I agree with you completely. Good service goes a long way in any business.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline CarlThePainter

• postingpro
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
I'm trying to convert some of my paint purchases to SW and it's kind of scary.  I remember back at least 10 years ago when your SW rep would set up your pricing and then every time you went to buy something it would come up higher than what the rep quoted you.  So, you would have to call the rep all the time to have it adjusted.  Or your pricing would be fine in your home stores computer but when you went to buy something on your account at a different store, the pricing would come up different.  I just started my own account with SW and the same crap is still going on....it makes me want to take my business elsewhere.  I got quoted $12 per gallon for Pro Mar 200 eggshell and it came up at $20 at the register and I call the rep and he sets it at $18.  I'm like, what happened to the $12? Was that just a teaser? LOL.  How hard can it be to enter your pricing into the system and have it uniform at all the SW stores you go into? Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Offline PaintPro

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »
Yep, all the time Carl.  Thats one of the reasons I haven't gone there in 10 years or more.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »
paintpro

I just couldn't resist any longer. Whats up with the smoking baby? ;D

From NC also
Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton

Offline PaintPro

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »
It just struck me as odd/cool looking.  I wish I could tell you it had some deep seeded meaning, but nope.

I know you said the coast...where abouts?

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »
Just outside of New Bern.

I though it was kind of cute. Everybody hates us smokers though. Just though he was a little young.  ;D

Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton

Jared

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 09:49:30 PM »
Whats up with the smoking baby?

I just assumed it was a "Winston-Salem" reference.  ;)

But you think everyone hates smokers?  Try SoCal - we now have towns that have a ban on all public smoking!  (Just passed in El Cajon, a few miles from where I am.)

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
Jared
They tried that around here but it didn't go over to well. You know this is tobacco country.

Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »
I thought it was a French baby....  :D
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline venusxx

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »
The smoking baby reminds me of a joke that I thought was cute...

Little Johnnie is walking down the street smoking a cigarette. He meets one of his Father's old friends who says to him..

Johnnie, what are you doinge smoking a ciarette? You are only 10 years old! You shouldn't be smoking! When did you start smoking?

Johnnie says, I started smoking right after the first time I had sex.

His Father's friend is shocked... Sex? Oh my gosh! You are too young to be having sex! When was the first time you had sex?

Johnnie smiles and says, I can't remember... I was drunk.

Vee...