Author Topic: What is the best exterior paint  (Read 58979 times)

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
Re: What is the best exterior paint
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »
The smoking baby reminds me of a joke that I thought was cute...

Little Johnnie is walking down the street smoking a cigarette. He meets one of his Father's old friends who says to him..

Johnnie, what are you doinge smoking a ciarette? You are only 10 years old! You shouldn't be smoking! When did you start smoking?

Johnnie says, I started smoking right after the first time I had sex.

His Father's friend is shocked... Sex? Oh my gosh! You are too young to be having sex! When was the first time you had sex?

Johnnie smiles and says, I can't remember... I was drunk.

Vee...

LOL...  ;D
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline rivdog

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 03:30:08 AM »
Carl, yesterday i went thru the 2 discount program.  The salesperson, said "oops" wrong account, "that was the one before we changed ur discount".   Yeah Ampainting, stay away from the 17 yr old.  Im a production painter, lots of paint that the contractor pays for.  I buy 3m mask, 3m tape, strainers, like its goin out of style, 90% of my spraying is out of a 5gal bucket, and its all on my GC.  Thye guys at SW are definitely not painters, but my ?s 2 them are not about technique, but products and price.   There are 4 employees in my local store.  1 i trust, 1 is ok, 1 is the 17yr old, 1 is the wallpaper person.  Im kind of in a hurry when i go in, and they R very accommadating 2 help me out.  I go there bcz they take care of me well.  I think they have a huge DIY business that slows the PROS down, call ahead 4 faster service.  I live in W Mass and my store gpes the x mile 2 help me out
Git er done!

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 09:52:30 PM »
  I think they have a huge DIY business that slows the PROS down, call ahead 4 faster service. 

Calling ahead, that is key!
Sometimes i have to go behind the counter and finish shaking my own paint when they spend too much time with joe homeowner. that usually hurries them up  ;)

Offline jvt321

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »
I just used BM Mooreguard on exterior trim, plus garage doors. Really like it. Touch ups were great. Couldn't notice where I'd touched up. Haven't used the super spec in at least a couple of years, but the Mooreguard which almost, but not quite, double the price was good.
jvt

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »
I guess by now everybody knows I've used BM exclusively for a long time. What works for me is using Super-Spec on walls because of the cost savings, and I find it touches up as good or better than Regal. I use top-line enamels (latex or oil) on trim, doors, cabinets, ect. Dulamel is my fav. Cost more but I price it into the job. Exterior I use top-line primers (mostly oil) and topcoats. That being said, Super Spec line is good paint. I have done jobs entirely with it and would not hesitate to suggest it to customer if they wanted to save money. I would warranty SS just like I would BM's higher priced lines.
Not trying to get you do anything different than you already do, just sayin' what works for me.
It ain't easy being cheesy

Offline RandalJFurburger

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »
I'll say this one time and one time only Benjamin Moore Aura Exterior has not equal.  Ben Moore has the patent on the waterborne colorant system that is used in all of their new line including Regal Select int/ext Aura int/ext Ultra Spec int/ext as well as several others.  Yes it is pricey but if you're going to pay a professional 3,000+ to do the work don't you want something that will last, not fade, and keep a consistant color.  If you're a professional you should want to put the best possible product on your job because your job is a reflection of you, if you explain the product to your customer they will be willing to pay for it seeing as how paint is the least expensive thing on the job.

anything