Author Topic: Airless Paint Sprayer Questions  (Read 8829 times)

Randy

Airless Paint Sprayer Questions
« on: July 31, 2005, 05:07:02 PM »
Hi, I was looking at airless paint sprayers and found the price changes we pretty drastic.  I was looking at ones Ranging from about $500 to $3,000. The PSI on them was about the same.  The gallons per a minute varied from about .45 to.75

So basicly I'm wondering is it really worth $2500 extra for that little extra Gallons per minute? Or Should I be looking at different Details? like gas/electric? Basicly what's the main things to look for in a good pro sprayer?

Could someone reccomend
Best Brand,
Best Preformance
And Are you getting much more preformance wise for all that extra money!??

I'm a Drywall guy and will only be using it to prime walls before I texture but sometimes large houses. Thanks for any help!

Paintman

Re:Airless Paint Sprayer Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 08:43:50 PM »
Well there many factors to consider. How much priming will you be doing? If you do one house every two weeks, or one house every two days. If you are just starting out, don't go to big. I have seen alot of painters put away alot of their starting income into a sprayer and it takes awhile for them to get their money back out. Look for a good brand name sprayer, (Graco, Titan, Spraytech). Are you running 1,2 or 3 guns at one time off a machine. If you are running over 2, you will need a larger unit. If you running one gun you can look at sprayers that are between 1000-2000 dollars.

the PAINTSMITH

Re:Airless Paint Sprayer Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:49:56 PM »
If all you're using the rig for is priming drywall, I'd seriously look into the Graco 495. They've upgraded the pump on these little monsters and I've even seen elastomeric run through one (though it's not recommended). The 495 is hand-carried and weighs little or nothing--VERY portable.