Author Topic: Advertizing  (Read 23494 times)

Offline Jake

• postingpro
Re: Advertizing
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »
Guy's....

What is "Service Magic"??

Or BNI for that matter??
The only thing that separates Paint from Pain... Is a t.

Jared

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »
Service Magic is basically an online contractor referral system.  The contractors pay SM for the leads it generates for them.

The problem is in the system itself.  It tends to generate lots of time-wasting leads that are really seeking a lowballer or are just "shopping" a project without any real intention of hiring a pro.

Most small contractors don't seem to get very good results from SM, from what I've seen and read.  A recent boss of mine (a GC) used it for a short time and had some initial success with it, it wasn't long before he was complaining about SM, and he did completely stop using them very shortly thereafter.

Offline Jake

• postingpro
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »
Thanks for the info brutha Jared!  :)

It tends to generate lots of time-wasting leads that are really seeking a lowballer or are just "shopping" a project without any real intention of hiring a pro

F-That.
The only thing that separates Paint from Pain... Is a t.

Offline PaintPro

• Serving NC's Triad area.
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »
Service Magic =  :<(/ :<(/ :<(/ :<(/ :<(/ :<(/ :<(/
BNI =  ;)/; 0)-(0

Total = find a BNI chapter and join it if you are a true professional willing to back up your word.  Its been incredible for me, actually more than incredible, it's been pivotal.   I have grown to count on it, and it comes through time and time again.   I would say half of my years business comes from my dealings with this group.  If you have a good group, and that is crucial, thats a strong word of mouth sales force of born salesman as they are the enterprising sort or they wouldn't be there.  In my group, everyone is always on the lookout and we are able to pass a lot of opportunity.

*Those  :<(/ cost me $100 each, with $0 return.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:35:47 AM by PaintPro »

Offline PaintPro

• Serving NC's Triad area.
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »
If I moved to another country, you bet I would learn and speak the language of the land. In fact, I would not have a positive outlook about the future of said country if they did not require me to do so as a condition to me moving there.

Hixon you kick ass man.  Your posts are few but they are potent.  Excellent statement.
Pro Advisor potential.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:31:23 AM by PaintPro »

Offline LJ

• less work, more family, friends, fun....
    • LJ Custom Painting
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »

BNI =  ;)/; 0)-(0

If you have a good group, and that is crucial,

I couldn't agree more.  I joined a network group (not BNI) with two realitor friends.  We attended meetings for 2 months and then decided that being associated with this particular group was more likely to hurt our business than help it.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 10:24:32 AM »
I also have been in a BNI group for about a year, and it is giving me a high percentage of my work. And also gives me a good group to use for my own needs ( an accountant, a chiro,  etc.) 
  And really helped me to think about my biz as a biz. Highly recommend it.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:16 AM »
In a nutshell, find the most widely circulated Gay/Lesbian newsletter or newspaper, and advertise in it.
Demographic statistics prove that most g/l couples

A. Have a higher income
B. no children to spend/waste money on
C. higher level of education
D. have a great sense of decorating
E. are more likely to buy from a service that advertises to them
F. ad space is cheaper than normal media
G. not too many macho painting contractors would even think or admit they work with g/l couples, so the space is available
H. I can't remember anymore

OK, so I made up D. But its true, and I'm not trying to be crass about it. I have had stunning results just by putting a small ad in these types of media. My ROI is huge. When I first tried this about 10 years ago, I put a one line ad in the back of a newsletter. Cost maybe $25 for one issue with a circulation of approx. 10,000. I received 14 leads, which turned into 9 estimates, and sold 5 jobs for a total of 18k. Holy 5hit Batman, why didn't I think of this sooner? Within 4 months, I had a full page color spread in the newsletter, and the results were proportionate to the first run. This type advertising brought my company from a 2 man show to where it is now.

Now that I told you, I'm going to have to kill you. Thank me later... ;)

Oh, and BTW

I personally don't think advertising in the newspaper now days is worth it...
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa