Author Topic: Re: painters whites  (Read 52810 times)

Offline MacPaint

• Contracting is "Paint by Numbers"
Re: painters whites
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »
I switched from whites about 5 years ago when Carhart started making khaki tan and other assorted colored pants and shorts.
I think they call them carpenter's pants though.

They are soft after the 1st washing and they look great. Nice fit to 'em.
I bought a tan, lt. grey and a light brown pair of shorts as well.
(Olive drab would be a cool color if they made them.)
 They wear well and uh...wear well.  :)

The shorts and pants have all the same slots/pockets and rag loops I've grown accustomed to.
If I don't have a putty knife in my rt. side leg pocket and a rag on my left-side loop, I feel uncomfortable all day while painting. (Like an Old West sheriff - if he moved his gun to the other side of his holster, could he shoot as well?)

I saw a guy at the paint store last week with  80's style mullet hair and a pair of skin tight whites and I almost gagged. He had paint all over the thigh area and a tight sweatshirt too. My gawd....
I'm no fashion slave, but I'll never buy whites again after that.  :o

The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves.
                     -Logan Pearsall Smith

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
wore a new pair of painters whites today.. the brand is "Keystone", w/ a spiffy lookin Ben' Moore patch on a back pocket... ahhh, product placement...
anyway...  the right leg tool pocket isn't deep enough for a 5 Way, and they're way too baggy... i look like a hip hop painter... all i need now are plaid boxers to show off as i let the waist line of the whites ride just above my butt... and at my age and not so buff physique that would constitute first degree eye slaughter :)
PULLLLLEEEEEEEZ !!! just a pair of nice whites, okay?

Be Well
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »
i look like a hip hop painter... all i need now are plaid boxers to show off as i let the waist line of the whites ride just above my butt...
Be Well

LOL .. I swear... how do those Guys keep them from falling around their ankles, and what about the "shorts" that are so long that they are about two inches from their feet...  what's the purpose...   :D   

I'm patiently waiting for the 50's style Ricky Recardo high draped pleated pants to make a come back... on second thought, maybe not...  ;D
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."