Author Topic: XIM Training  (Read 8775 times)

Offline lackamoola

XIM Training
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Just a heads up for everyone...

Some XIM reps are coming from Cleveland to Baton Rouge to train my crew and I in the proper use of their products next week. If anybody's interested I'd be glad to report back what we learn, and any tips that I pick up.
It ain't easy being cheesy

Jared

Re: XIM Training
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »
Very interested, indeed!  Any pearls of wisdom they have to offer that can be passed on here would certainly be appreciated by many.

And, if you remember, pass on my thanks to them for producing such wonderful "micro-brewed" primers & products!

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:22:39 PM »
Please let us know how it goes. I'm sure we all could  & would like to learn more about their produces.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
If it weren't for this site, I'd have missed the wonderful line of XIM entirely-   

Sure- spill the beans!   ;D
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 06:38:14 AM »
lackamoola,

That would be very nice of you to do.    I have stated many times XIM products are my favorite and I do use several of them.  This would be great.  I do interior, but any info. on outside products would be great also.
Thanks. :)

Jared

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »
(in fact, it was DecWalls who convinced me to try XIM primers for the first time...  now I can't stop recommending them.)

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 07:11:52 AM »
just checking back in with ya.   Don't forget us.  ;D

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 04:40:29 PM »
The meeting is set up with XIM for Thursday morning(10/11/07) I'll report back if there is anything af interest.
Funny thing happened today...
went by my paint store and Zinsser reps were there doing a sales/info thing.
Got 3 gallons of different primers for free. And I got a quart of
OKON Paintbooster. It makes water bead up on latex house paint like it has been waxed. Can't wait to use it.
I guess it's a good week to sell old lackamoola some primer.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 04:49:15 PM »
I used that booster on a rare exterior that I did a while back. A "converted" barn on a hill. blasted by everything. Held up for 10 years.  Just don't use it unless you know it's your last coat...
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
What will be the primary focus of this meeting with them? Any specific product? How did this meeting come about? Did you have an issue with something and needed a solution?  :)

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:12:18 AM »
No issues, just training on their products. Mostly Peelbond I guess.
This all started a while back when I told them I use a lot of their
products. I sent some pictures of work I have done and it kinda
went from there. It's really pretty simple...no big deal really....I like their primers and they want to sell more of their primers so here we are.

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
No issues, just training on their products. Mostly Peelbond I guess.

ok, cool... be sure to fill us in. I need to get over to XIM. Those guys are just down the road 10 mins from me, never been there yet.

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 05:44:14 AM »
Meet with one of the regional managers and a couple of local guys from XIM
yesterday. It went well. Learned a lot about the company, and their products,
especially Peebond. They meet me on one of my jobs, trained most of my crew.
(two guys weren't interested and would rather be finishing a job across town...
go figure) We had a class and they loaded us down with samples and brochures. We sprayed Peelbond through an airless rig onto plywood, tested the thickness with a mill gauge ( they provided, we got to keep gauges) After this we got certified in the use of PB. You have to be certified to have your jobs warrantied by XIM. They explained uses for PB that I have never thought about. Went to two other nearby jobs and talked about different product applications pertaining to specific job problems. I'm starting a job next week that has an elastomeric coating going over drivit/plaster, but after talking to and showing the reps the job we might be using PB in it's place. I think it's a much better option because PB breathes and elastomeric doesn't. I have a meeting setup with the owners soon to discuss the advantages of PB.

What I took from this was
XIM is by paint manufacturing standards a small company. They make products for us, not mass consumption by DIY'ers purchased at the big boxes. They are a company that is truly interested in forming and maintaining good working relationships with professional painters. They strive to make the best and most innovative products on the market. They stand behind their products not only in words but in real warranties, for the painter and the owner. This is rare if not unheard of for a paint manufacturer. If your not familiar with XIM it might be worth you while to give them a look. If you are familiar with them you might want to dig a little deeper into their product line and try something new.

PS
The t-shirts are in the mail and
The lunch they bought us was good.....

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:13:23 PM by lackamoola »

anything