Author Topic: Easy breezy online customer from out of town  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Stever

• Websites for Contractors
Easy breezy online customer from out of town
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:59 PM »
I did the niftiest job recently.

Guy owns 2 homes in town here but he lives elsewhere, they are rental properties in an upscale end of town.

He found my website by doing a search in Google for interior painters in my city. After talking to him he sends me a key to the place via Purolator the next day, so I can go look at it and give a quote.

I generally don't do rentals as the landlords typically want a quick, cheap and dirty paint job. But being that this was an upper-scale house they wanted a 'proper' quality paint job in order to be able to get a prime rental rate for it.

Sent him a quote via email. Next day he sends me a check for 50%, again via Purolator, and tells me to go ahead and fit it in when ever I can as long as its done by end of month.

I do the job, tell him its done, property management firm comes look at it to give ok and then he sends remainder of payment by mail.

Sweet job.

And now I'm waiting for a go ahead on his 2nd one while he is still getting quotes on whether carpets can get away with a cleaning or if some or all need replacement.

great customer and nifty circumstances  ;D

Vin

Re: Easy breezy online customer from out of town
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »
Perfect scenario if i ever saw one.

I love working for this University I do work for they give me a list and I get them done they buy all the materials down to paper and tape I do the work no questions ever asked in the 3 years I've been painting for them nor complaints.

anything