Author Topic: Ode to Frazee Paint  (Read 17845 times)

Jared

Ode to Frazee Paint
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:22:19 AM »
An open letter to Frazee:
Your paint's hide is that of pee.
By the time I'm done, bald will I be
from tearing out my hair, you see.

I'm afraid that after seven coats
your paint will not be winning votes
from any pros, anywhere -
because of you, they have no hair.

Where has your Titanium Dioxide gone?
Why, oh why do I feel like a pawn
of a large corporation who just doesn't care
whether or not my head becomes bare?

This is it - the very last time
that I will be guilty of the crime
of penning an absolutely awful rhyme
to say your paint's not worth a dime.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:52:01 AM by Jared »

the PAINTSMITH

Re: Ode to Frazee Paint
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:03:21 AM »
Oh come on Jared, don't hold back...Tell us what you think... ;)

Offline JTsPainting

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
Ive had the same problem with quite a few different manufactures over the years ?? Bad batch #? I dont know .some of them have been: Anchor .Brinner,Kwall,Kelly Moore and the one I currently use the most is Benjimine Moore .I can tell You there is nothing more frustrating than going through what they call the reformulating of a paint .because the previouse formula had some undesirable results .Most of the time I find the new formula to be worse than the last and I dont know how I put up with it LOL.
 It has really seemed that to Me over the Years that anytime I get stuck using a particular product and it works for Me it never lasts for long >?? I usually Have to go down with the ship or jump off and swim like all get out to make it untill the next dry port .I think it is the way of the sea.

Jared

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
Just FYI, in case anyone cares:

Frazee's INTERIOR formulations are what my bad poem above is referring to - specifically their "LO GLO" line.

Their Interior/Exterior and most of the Exterior grades cover much better.  ;)

The Interior "LO GLO" line covers like a designer paint - or even worse.  Watch out especially for bright colors.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
Jared
I kind of like your rhyme. It applies to many of the paints now. None of them cover as well as they claim or did before the new reformulation.  ;D

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »
Anybody remember how sucessful 'new coke' was....if it ain't broke don't fix it!
It ain't easy being cheesy

Jared

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »
heh, so true...

except Frazee's interior sheened paints have been notorious for poor hide capabilities ever since I first used it a couple of years back...  in fact, the most recent reformulation they went through (that I noticed) seemed to actually improve flow & brushability - but unfortunately no improvement in the hide factor.

Honestly, I'd say their "LO GLO" interior line hides as badly as the worst I've used.  Luckily the job I'm forced to use it on is an hourly gig, so no loss to me except the frustration of having to recut so many times...  ;)

Offline Chip McCheckellson

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
You know how they say for every customer that complains, theres at least 10 more that had the same bad experience. What does it mean when someone takes the time to write a friggin POEM about how bad their poduct was!

;D
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die, opt to adopt.

Vin

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
LOL I missed this one  ;D

Offline hammerheart14

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »
nothing wrong with frazee's higher end paint. i think it's unfair when somebody compares one company's low end material to another's high end material. frazee's mirro glide line is great for exteriors and their majestic line is great for interiors.  all big paint company have good and not so good paints.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:58:21 PM by hammerheart14 »