Author Topic: Bubble Trouble  (Read 3207 times)

Offline lackamoola

Bubble Trouble
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
Anybody have bubbles, blisters, using Benjamin Moore Essex green. It recently happened on one of my jobs. We used standard prep/priming/finish coat
procedures like we always have. The painted bubbled up in places about two weeks later. I've also seen it on two jobs that I have recently bid and got but haven't yet painted. The paint has even blistered on the inside of the can!
That I don't think I've ever seen until now. BM is looking into it so we'll see what they say. I think I already know.......
It ain't easy being cheesy

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
Re: Bubble Trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »
What sheen/ product?  I used to have blisters frequently from old Aquavelvet egg, and came to prefer Super Spec for that ( and lower sheen). I had hoped the new all acrylic base would be better.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »
Uh, what substrate? If it was redwood I can tell you what caused your blisters...

Offline lackamoola

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:12:56 AM »
Uh, what substrate? If it was redwood I can tell you what caused your blisters...

Not sure what type of wood, but it may be redwood. I've only seen the bubbles on shutters. One house mid sixties, one built in 1978, and the last house about ten years old. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 05:16:49 AM by lackamoola »
It ain't easy being cheesy