Author Topic: Paint finishes guide  (Read 56355 times)

Offline soperfectpaint

Re: Paint finishes guide
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »
Yes,i agree there are lots of difference between them.Great information you have shared.Thanks for sharing it.

www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 04:17:04 AM »
Important painting tips you have shared in this forums. You need to have full knowledge about painting before start your job.

www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 03:46:39 AM »
Useful tips you have shared.Thanks for sharing these useful tips on forums.Very helpful for painting.
www.soperfectpaint.com

Offline crismartin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 02:19:51 AM »
best have gathered to set their skills on display praying to making the last roster.

Offline dacpaintingswfl

• Painting contractors
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 08:05:22 AM »
wonderful information & Thanks for shared.

http://dacpaintingswfl.com

Offline TintGuy

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 12:54:55 AM »
Hi guys,

Finally, I found a place where I can share my thoughts with you. Actually, I am a housewife and I am also thinking of renovating my house and I am struggling with the wall colors, and I want to protect my house from sunlight about and my best friend told me about the home tinting . Can anyone suggest me that what kind of color I pick for my walls?

Offline HuesAndCoats

• Your Local Houston, TX Painters
    • Hues & Coats Painting Company
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10:45 PM »
Great post and helpful guide for people who aren't sure what the difference is between finishes.

What I usually tell my customers is that for most surfaces, such as walls and ceilings, flat paint tends to be more aesthetically pleasing than other finishes.

The reason why I believe that flat looks better than other finishes is that it softly reflects light. Any other finish will reflect light more sharply, especially with gradually higher sheens.

A common problem that people come across, though, is that most flat paint products don't hold up well on surfaces that get a lot of traffic. For this reason, satin or eggshell finishes are typically used, because inherently they hold up better.

But if aesthetics and durability are important to a customer, I will recommend a higher quality of paint. My go-to's are either Sherwin-Williams' Duration or Emerald. The benefit of those products is that every sheen is highly durable regardless if it's flat or not. Yes, they are a bit more costly than most other paints. But with those products, you're getting a high performance paint that will outlast most other paints.

For further information, you can find post on my blog about which are the best paint finishes for each room in your home.

http://huesandcoats.com/best-paint-finish-paint-sheen-guide/
Hues & Coats Painting Company
Your Local Houston, TX Painters

http://huesandcoats.com

anything