Author Topic: PaintFormulas  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Henry

PaintFormulas
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
Hi Guys and Girls,

Brand new to this wonderful forum.  Let me clue you all from the start.  I am an affiliate contractor.  Not a painter.  I have a commercial window cleaning route of 200 retail stores.  My reason for visiting here is to learn about the chemistry/formulas of paint to develop my own specialty art paint for glass.  I want to make a paint for my customers that can be applied to glass for temporary ads and marketing artwork.  While it is there I will be able to clean as usual.  But when the time comes for removal it will be possible to just peal off the paint dry.  No mess.  Around holiday time especially window cleaners can be stymied by the problem of holiday window art.  Some enjoy the extra income from "removal jobs".  Others would rather take a bath in a lava lake.  I am half way in between.  If anyone here has any ideas I would enjoy having an exchange with you.

Henry
Glass Smart Window Cleaning

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: PaintFormulas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:06 AM »
Hi Guys and Girls,

Brand new to this wonderful forum.  Let me clue you all from the start.  I am an affiliate contractor.  Not a painter.  I have a commercial window cleaning route of 200 retail stores.  My reason for visiting here is to learn about the chemistry/formulas of paint to develop my own specialty art paint for glass.  I want to make a paint for my customers that can be applied to glass for temporary ads and marketing artwork.  While it is there I will be able to clean as usual.  But when the time comes for removal it will be possible to just peal off the paint dry.  No mess.  Around holiday time especially window cleaners can be stymied by the problem of holiday window art.  Some enjoy the extra income from "removal jobs".  Others would rather take a bath in a lava lake.  I am half way in between.  If anyone here has any ideas I would enjoy having an exchange with you.

Henry
Glass Smart Window Cleaning
welcome ....by themselves without priming, when it comes to just finish paints.... flat sticks best and the more gloss level increases, the easier to peal, the also make clear liquid to coat glass for protection...google "liquid mask"  but any finish when subjected to water over extended periods on glass just falls off....try mixing "liquid mask" with a pigment...the only problem with that is the base will be clear so pigmented coverage will lack, you see paint usually start with some kind of pigmented base before tinting...why dont you look at it from the other direction  as in just removal...if you soak a rag and apply it to the painted glass while making it stick in contact with the painted surface for a period of 5 mins or so...the paint will just lift off...if you could soak a big piece of drop cloth or bed sheet and lay it on the painted glass and keep it wet...let time do the work....hmm i dont know you would need something to hold it up on the glass while the time goes by
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice