Author Topic: Take a sec and Rate me  (Read 28785 times)

Offline paintingindianapolis.com

Take a sec and Rate me
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
I'm a Noblesville based Residential Painter in Indiana.  I service the greater Indianapolis Area.  I just made this site.  I really could use some advice...what should I add, change, leave out??

http://www.paintingindianapolis.com

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
Re: Take a sec and Rate me
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
Looks good! I would suggest that you company name be more prominent, right now your tag line is competing with the company name. I'd make it a different color, font, or size. after all that is one thing you want em to remember...  ;)

Good Luck with it.
rmichael
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »
Where it says you are employed by Vision Painting, this tells people that you have a day job and that your company is side work. Maybe you want people to know or think that. But some people may think their job will come second to the day job.

Offline Danny

• San Francisco Painting Contractor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »
It looks good. I would use more text and more of your Keywords in the body of the text.
<br /><a href="http://www.classicshades.com" target="_blank">http://www.classicshades.com</a><br /><br />
http://www.housepaintingcolor.com  San Francisco Color Consultant
http://www.classicshades.com San Francisco Painting Contractor

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:56:07 PM »
I'm a Noblesville based Residential Painter in Indiana.  I service the greater Indianapolis Area.  I just made this site.  I really could use some advice...what should I add, change, leave out??

http://www.paintingindianapolis.com

Hey Dude

After a cursory purusal I spotted a few things.  Your header "Our Services and Special Offers" is very hard to read and as such you might frustrate potential customers.  I would lose that font entirely....great for a Christmas card but not for a website.

Make up your mind what person you're speaking in......you're in the first person then switch to third then back again and again.  Settle on one voice and stick with it.

In your free estimate, Residential folder you speak of frames and trim like they're different.  Since all frames are trim you're being redundant.

"Winter Relief Specail"  should read: "Winter Relief Special"  Also, you write "prevalant" which should read: "prevalent".  On your homepage you say that you're "paying focus".  Never,  we "pay attention" or "stay focused" but we never "pay focus".

In Our Residential Folder you write: "lead by"...should be "led by"...also include a colon ":" when you make an announcement...in this case,  Led by:

Telling people to go to Myspace to check out some comments is a no-no.  Don't be asking people to jump through hoops for you.  Simply add a folder with these comments or at the very least link to Myspace.

Your warrantee is for one year;  thats abysmmal.  Offer three years like the rest of the world or at the very least, two years.   A one year warrantee is a joke.

Peace

Rick
www.vancouversbestpainters.com
www.vancouverindustrialpainting.com
www.604painters.com

ps

nice shot of the foot through the ceiling though.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:36:40 AM »
Actually, a one-year warranty is standard with every paint contractor I've ever known, two years on new construction (through the general).

I personally warrant NOTHING anymore, my customers know that if there's a problem I'll address it.

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
Actually, a one-year warranty is standard with every paint contractor I've ever known, two years on new construction (through the general).

I personally warrant NOTHING anymore, my customers know that if there's a problem I'll address it.

Paintsmith

In 27 yrs in the business I have never heard of such a thing.  Everybody in Canada gives a minimum two yr, with some giving 3 or 5 yrs.
I'm not saying that one is more "correct" than the other.  In fact, I think I'm going to raise the bar and start offering a two week guarantee,  just long enough for the cheque to clear.   ;)

Regards
Rick
www.604painters.com

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
Ah, but I'm not in Canada...I know, my loss... ;)

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 12:31:41 AM »
Maybe we should use the Tail-light warranty. Once they see them, the warranty is up!  ;D

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »
Maybe we should use the Tail-light warranty. Once they see them, the warranty is up!  ;D

I always back into a customers driveway since it lets them know before they even meet me that I'm methodical about everything and have given consideration to the reality that it's just plain safer to drive forward onto a residential street than to back onto it.  If I adopt your Tail-light warranty then won't I be telling them from their living room window as they see me arrive that the warranty is up before they even meet me?

Lol

Rick
www.604painters.com
www.worldsbestathlete.net

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »

Paintsmith

It's a loss to go through life without ever having the chance to visit British Columbia (arguably the nicest place on earth)
I have two spare bedrooms for anyone in the painting trade who needs a place to stay should they find themselves on this side of Heaven.

Regards
Rick
www.604painters.com
www.worldsbestathlete.net

Offline LJ

• less work, more family, friends, fun....
    • LJ Custom Painting
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

Paintsmith

It's a loss to go through life without ever having the chance to visit British Columbia (arguably the nicest place on earth)
I have two spare bedrooms for anyone in the painting trade who needs a place to stay should they find themselves on this side of Heaven.

Regards
Rick

and you're extending this offer only to PAINTSMITH???  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »

Paintsmith

Regards
Rick

and you're extending this offer only to PAINTSMITH???  ;D ;D ;D

Hi LJ

I think I said "anyone in the painting trade"..even TomTom....

he can get me up to speed on code and I can get him up to speed on seo.

Regards
Rick

Offline layryan88

• Serving DFW since 1994
    • www.PurPaintingDFW.com
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »
hey i am doing the same thing i have been painting for 12 years and starting my own company last year. trying to join modern world this year just launched website last month please check out and critique.

www.PurepaintingDfw.com

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »
Might help if people knew WHERE you are. I could not find out till I got to the contact page. Most people would have given up by then

anything