Author Topic: Meeting?  (Read 13364 times)

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
Meeting?
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »
Wondering who lives near me.

I live in Toledo, Ohio and was wondering if anybody that lives relatively close would be interested in a get-together. Maybe a few beers or something. Talk shop and stuff.

I just think it would be neat to be able to meet some of you fellow painters. Would be cool to be able to get as many of us as possible.
Is this a good idea or no?

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
Re: Meeting?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »
I travel for jobs, a lot. In the past month I've been to Philly, Portland OR, and I'm heading for Boston Friday. I always try to meet up with fellow tradesman if I can. I get through Ohio often too. I'll try to remember to start posting where I might be going in the near future. Come to think of it, I'll be back in PA in May, then heading to Bangor ME in July. I'm sure more will pop up between now and then. I'm starting to enjoy flying again.

Offline TomTom

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:58:11 AM »
A jet-setting painter?!! What, you got extra-large suitcases for your step-ladders, or you just got your own private jet? Man, I need to raise my prices, I'm still drivin' around in a station wagon.  :D

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:13 AM »
Actually, no. When I'm jet-setting, its for mural installations, like this one:

http://www.painterforum.com/yabbse/index.php/topic,2057.0.html

It has turned into a nice profitable niche.

Offline TomTom

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:33:51 AM »
Ah yes, I remember that post. Heck if you can make money at it that's great. Looks too big of a project for me to take on though.
Personally I'm fed up with flying. I'm from the UK but live in Portland OR (a great city) and lived many years in Boston/Cambridge MA where I have a lot of friends and relatives so I fly long distances and it bores me to tears. I love traveling and going to new places. I love road trips. I love trains. I'm sick of flying!

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »
Bauer,

I live in Medina County, east of you. I have family in Toledo and visit there a few times a year. I'd be interested in some shop talk.
If you're willing to come my way, I'll show you around our shop and treat you to a lunch.

Or, I need to come visit Sunrise Windows in Temperance soon. Perhaps we can connect then.

my email is legendsdist@sbcglobal.net

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Offline Tommy Boy

• PRODUCT REP.
    • Peel Bond
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »
Bauer, Brushworks -I'm in Westlake Ohio.  If you guys need a place to meet I have a conference room available.  We also can tour our lab and ask questions of some pretty experienced paint technology people.  We might even get to spray/brush out some of the products in development.

I'm pretty sure we have about 10 people who regularly post on this board who live within 100 miles of Cleveland.
"Peel Bond, a different way to paint"

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »
if any of you folks make it to the puckerbrush (NH), let me know... 
it was sunny and 40 degrees here today.. perfect for grilling a few weenies and sluggin down some Moxie :)

btw, did my first paid paint job in Dayton way back in the day... my shirt and pants were stiff w/ caulking at the end of the day...  oh! so thats what those rags are for....

Be Well
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »
Cool brushworks, well have to get together soon. Well pretty soon... I've had some unexpected problems arise. Like a cheating wife so I'll be going through a divorce here.  >:(:( never saw this coming.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
Bauer, that is bad. I feel for you. Hope you come through it fairly unscathed and intact.

On another note, as I mentioned above, things pop up. I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Boston. Working on a hotel remodel. These people sure talk funny up heeyah!

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »
Take your time, Bauer..

I'm in the middle of two complete kitchen remodels. I feel like a dog chasing a short tail.  ;D

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Jared

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 10:56:24 PM »
I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Boston. Working on a hotel remodel. These people sure talk funny up heeyah!

PWG - try to contain the laughter when you hear a Bostoner say "caulk".  A good test of one's restraint...

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 06:23:14 AM »
Tommy,

I'm open to a meeting at my place. We have a conference room, showroom, kitchen and a beautiful workshop to show off. :)

Michael

Offline Tommy Boy

• PRODUCT REP.
    • Peel Bond
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »
That would work for me.  Let's see how many people we can get.
"Peel Bond, a different way to paint"

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »

PWG - try to contain the laughter when you hear a Bostoner say "caulk".  A good test of one's restraint...

Heh heh, I had a foreman when I first started in the trade who made a point of pronouncing the "L". I've never been that self conscious... ;D

anything