Author Topic: Family respect  (Read 8511 times)

Offline movado

• Interior Painting DIY
Family respect
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:47 AM »
Does anyone find that since you are the proprietor of you buisiness that family members call upon you to do things because they think you can just take off and do them. My family tends to believe that its better I show up late or leave early rather than them. Just wondering if I'm alone on this?

the PAINTSMITH

Re: Family respect
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »
In my experience it's just the opposite. I had to force my own sister to let me paint her house for free, my folks won't call when they need help around their place because they assume I'm busy.

Offline RTQ

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
I can't tell from your post if you are referring to paint related projects they want you to do for them or other errands, like they think you can just leave whenever you want to pick someone up at the airport etc. Either way I'd have to say that my experience has been more like that of Paintsmith. I just did some painting for my mother and I really had to tell her that I wasn't too busy and that it would fit in my schedule.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
We don't have any trouble with our families either. They know we will gladly help them out when we are not busy. Their work is usually done in the winter when things are slack & they know that. So they just wait until we can get to it Unless it is an emergency.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »
I have two children and they both have enough home improvement projects to keep me busy through retirement. :)

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

anything