Author Topic: The Building Trades Association's Contractors Directory  (Read 4233 times)

Offline PaintPro

• Serving NC's Triad area.
The Building Trades Association's Contractors Directory
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this is national or just local, but does anyone have any experience with this?  Is it worth the $99?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:31:04 PM by PaintPro »

Offline PaintPro

Re: The Building Trades Association's Contractors Directory
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:52 AM »
37 views and no replies....that answers my question.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »
Sorry P-P, can't help you. Never found it necessary to associate myself with any trade orgs...

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:12:58 AM »
I suggest you review the directory and determine if it's designed to bring work to the trades or is it merely an advertising concept, using tradesmen/women as subscribers.

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Offline PaintPro

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
Thx for the replies.  I've already pitched it. lol

Offline StrBender

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:00:28 AM »
I receive that letter a couple of times a year. I asked about it on some of the  carpentry / builder sites and came up empty. I did a little more research and it appears to me that it's geared torwards the large contractors. If your looking to do 100 mil a year in painting they could be for you. I have yet to part with my $$$. I think by keeping it reasonable in price they may get a lot of contractors to join "Blind" then regret parting with the $99. I have had my cont. supr. license now for 10 years and 4 times a year I get a nice flyer from the Boston Trades Association informing me how I can take the CS prep class through them! You would think they know that when they bought my name & address that I'm licensed allready?

anything