Author Topic: Goals for 2008  (Read 18516 times)

Offline welovepainting

• Team Jaworski - "We Paint The Town"
    • Jaworski Painting
Goals for 2008
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »
Anyone have special plans and or new promotions for 2008?  What's new in the painters world this year?

Offline Rick Anderson

Re: Goals for 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
Anyone have special plans and or new promotions for 2008?  What's new in the painters world this year?

A few of my goals are:

1) to remain #1 in the organic searches:   which are worth a combined total of over $120,000 in sales /yr
2) to have licencee's or area managers for the 12 municipalities surrounding Vancouver all promoting one single phone number: 
3) to not pick up a paint brush or roller. 
4) to see $200,000 in sales from my first franchise
5) to hire two new apprentices
6) to continue to build into more of a resource centre
7) to generate $100,000 in sales
8) to sue the largest bank in Canada and win a judgement for $30,000
9) to make 600 signs at my home office screen printing shop and tag the town (next two weeks)
10) to stop being a chump by paying $1300.00/ month rent and to get a mortgage.
11) Become a master of the Blackberry
12) Stop cheery picking estimates so much and to try to land more with a smaller margin

Regards
Rick
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:36:40 PM by admin »

Offline TomTom

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »
to not pick up a paint brush or roller.

So are you a painter or a businessman Rick? Seems to me that your main aim is definitely business which is fine but your presence here seems largely to hit all your posts with a ton of links to your variously poor web sites. Maybe you should spend more time on a business related sites. And definitely work on the design and code of your sites. That code is so old & outdated, and the design is from the mid-90's. Totally old-skool. Sorry, just tired of seeing those links everywhere.

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
to not pick up a paint brush or roller.

So are you a painter or a businessman Rick? Seems to me that your main aim is definitely business which is fine but your presence here seems largely to hit all your posts with a ton of links to your variously poor web sites. Maybe you should spend more time on a business related sites. And definitely work on the design and code of your sites. That code is so old & outdated, and the design is from the mid-90's. Totally old-skool. Sorry, just tired of seeing those links everywhere.

TomTom

Even though your post is a flame I will try to answer your questions.  These days I'm a businessman but after painting for 25 years I will always 'feel' like a painter, and rightly so.  As for the links, I do it because I'm allowed to.  If there were no linking allowed through our profile I would still be writing about the very same stuff I have been writing about and responding to.  As for the design code my sites (mainly one) has brought in over a million in sales to date and I'm number one in the organics for the most popular searches.   

Take a good look at and tell me exactly whats old school about it. 

I *am* the trend brother.   :o

Regards
Rick

ps

some more ol school;  watch how i spank this guys serv
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:39:47 PM by admin »

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:24:17 AM »

Welovepainting

We added a guess the number of jelly beans.  Closest guess by Sept 30 2008 wins a paint job worth $2000.00

We will also being adding a R.A.P folder to our site this summer:  Random Acts of Painting.  Recently we have filmed a couple of guys from our company jumping out of one of our trucks with spray gun in hand, decked out in Ninja outfits, blasting some fences and walls in the downtown core that had been tagged by some 'artists'.

I like to keep things interesting.  Lol

Regards
Rick
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:40:41 PM by admin »

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »

Matt (?)

Btw, great name you have for your website;  very positive.  I notice you take credit cards.  That is something I was considering but I got discouraged after having  spoken to a VISA rep.

Can you tell me any details about the way you do it?   It is something I still want to do.

Regards
Rick

Vin

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Sorry I get silly with to much coffee and trying to get my engine started  0:>).

#1 goal this year is to SAVE MONEY I do not want to go threw another winter this year like the last living from check to check not knowing if I can even make the rent.

The rest will take care of itself I have faith.

P.S on my list of things to do, #1 visit canada take all there gold ;D( golden haired woman ) heh heh
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:04:55 AM by Vin »

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
Let's cool it, boys...Maybe go find a house to paint, eh?

This thread has possibilities, I'd hate to shut 'er down.

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »
#1 goal this year is to take down the Canadian government, steal all there women ( very fine women's ) toss all there men in the sea  ;) and pillage there oil SUPPLIES  ;D :P

Seriously though I do love Canadian woman :-*

Vin

Canada is loved throughout the world and British Columbia in particular is considered the best place on earth to live.

I'll help you with the Government part though.

Regards
Rick

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 10:17:19 AM »
#1 goal this year is to SAVE MONEY I do not want to go threw another winter this year like the last living from check to check not knowing if I can even make the rent

Vin

One of the things I have done 3 times in the past is to pay off rent 12 months in advance.  When theres a so called surplus of cash in the summer from one or two particularly well paying jobs invest the money in something you know you will *have* to pay.  The notion is not for everybody but I personally derived some serious peace of mind on the three occassions I did it.

Regards
Rick

Vin

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »
I hear you Rick once I was able to pay 2 months in advance and had enough saved for 3 months ahead its is definetly peace of mind financially, good call hope to be there one day and its a mortgage rather then rent....

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »
after following ecopaints' thread "Working with fast-drying 0 VOC paints", it seems to be a good idea to get up to speed about eco-paints/coatings etc....
after a bit of investigating, it seems there is a small demand for, and growing interest in green painting products here in the puckerbrush (NH)....
so, the goal: find the current 'best of' line of eco-paints available; contact previous customers/friends and ask if they'd be interested in a room or two done at material cost plus coffee and lunch so i can get a handle on coverage, workability, durability etc....
if all goes well w/ these 'tests', then i'll tap the market as best as a lone brush and roller boy can.. was thinking of approaching nursing homes, assisted living facilities, retirement communities, doctor's offices etc  that may light to the idea of rooms and common areas being done w/out paint smells etal being a nuisance or major concern....
perhaps this will work out.. besides, i love hob-nobbing w/ the old bobby soxers and beatniks ... wow, older babes in poodle skirts and rank poetry.. thats cool, daddy-o 8)

Be Well
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:00:18 PM by UUjohn »
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)

Offline yusuf

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
Goals by december 2008.

1. Deliver 4500 a6 card leaflets around my home town.

2. Finish painting my father  in law and brother in laws houses - b4 and after photos for portfolio...(pics to follow for critical analasys)

3. Land some jobs so i can make the installments for my boys education.  :o

4. When all else fails, trust in God!

5. If God doesnt want me to succeed in painting, I might go into banking.... Apparently as a UK taxpayer I  now own parts of  all of the big banks.  ;)

anything