Author Topic: First Time This Happened  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Rick Anderson

First Time This Happened
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
With two half page ad's in the yellow pages we get a lot of calls on the fly.  Yesterday buddy calls me up..just bought a new condo..stripped wallpaper himself and wants painting down....everything.

I whip over there to land it on the spot and buddy tells me he has no money since he just spent all his dough on the purchase and asks me to do the job for free....with the ***Guarantee*** that he will say nice things about me in the future.

I gave him a price for $3,750.00 and politely thanked him for the opportunity to quote.

Rick

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: First Time This Happened
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:34 AM »
You're point being? ???

Offline Rick Anderson

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
You're point being? ???

Chrisn

I wasn't aware that there *had* to be point since we're all just posting about our "unique painting experience(s)"...as the folder indicates.

Having said that, there *are a few lessons to be garnered.

Regards
Rick

Offline 98mustangguy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:18:12 AM »
Haha I get that weekly    "can you come look at putting tile in my bath" "how bout hardwoods in the living room" "my hot water heater just went" just today " the thermostat went in my car and I need SOME help with my brakes" friends and family can be quite the pain in the arse.

Offline SixInARow

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »
My friends already know they can't afford me LOL.

I'll do work for them, but only if I know that I'll get something in return.  Small stuff I just make them fix me a huge meal or something lol