Author Topic: My distributor was reprimanded with a cease and desist order from BM  (Read 3431 times)

Offline blackwolf

• Just the fax maam
Hey all,

If you remember some time ago we had discussed how my paint supplier used Aura tints in the Muralo base and it was coming out as good as or better than Aura in some colors,  he told me today he received a letter from BM , if he continued with this practice and was found out the line would be pulled from his store.    ::)

What nonsense, let me see if I get this right, you cannot use the Aura tint in the regal line because it is not compatible but the Aura tint can be used in the Muralo base, HHMM!! which company is ahead of the times?  that's a rhetoricall question. ;)

great painting to all!!   ;D

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
Re: My distributor was reprimanded with a cease and desist order from BM
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
I have a Distrib here that is doing that too, but I won't name names!   

( Works great, that's why BM hates it...!)
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline funcolors

• postingpro
    • Color Strategies, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
The way the paint industry is structured to make money has a lot of room for improvement.  Focus is totally wrong, IMO, and a major reimagining is what's desperately needed.

A first-year MBA student could map out the changes that need to be made. But change is so incredibly difficult for just about everyone in the foodchain of paint that I don't believe major change will ever be given a chance.
Funcolors because color should be the fun part.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
yeah... keeping the product within a loosely standardized bracket of quality in order to justify the price while increasing their bottom line...  ;)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."