Author Topic: Watch your heads in the big box stores!  (Read 15407 times)

Offline SixInARow

Watch your heads in the big box stores!
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:13 PM »
Check this out:
http://www.break.com/index/paint-cans-miss-their-target.html
Man that would suck!  Don't know what would be worse, gettin' hit by a dozen full fiver's or cleaning up after they all hit the ground and splatter their contents everywhere!!!
Thoughts?

Offline UUjohn

• postingpro
  • Ancora Imparo
Re: Watch your heads in the big box stores!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
" I'll get a cloth "  <m. python>   ;)
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" (Bertrand Russell)

Offline SixInARow

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Shoot, that better be a big cloth lol!

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
Better call in the street vacuum crew. That could have been a BIG headache.  :o

Lynjo   0:>)
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »
oooops,  .   Yeah, that could have been more disastrous than it was.  Looks like I see Behr on the shelf.

Vin

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:29 PM »
That could have killed that little girl WHOA

Offline TallyPainter

• postingpro
  • Do the next right thing
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »
:D  I think I counted ten five's in that mess.  Do you think they bought new clothes for the man and his daughter?

Vin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »
That would have given me a heart attach WHOA thats CRRRRrazy yeah they got new clothes and maybe then some i'd asked for $15,000 minimum just for putting my life and family's life in danger

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »
Thats crazy! Im surprised he stood there so long afterwards. I would have been way clear of there thinking more might fall.

Offline SixInARow

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
I worked at Lowe's for a while several years ago in the lumber department.  I had a couple of incidents on a forklift but they were pretty much unavoidable.  Some idiot had stacked 4 pallets of shelving very poorly and put them into top stock.  The forks would only reach the bottom pallet to bring them all down, but even going as slow I as I could the top two came crashing to the floor and ruined most of the shelving.  It was a loud boom!  Luckily it was early am, just after open and no one was really in the store customer wise.  Heck not even another employee came looking to find the source of the noise.

Offline hammerheart14

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »
stacking paint that high is a RETARDED idea. what if a fiver falls on a kid's head? what if there is an earthquake? yeah, i never stack anything more than say, six feet high.

Offline SixInARow

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »
I hate to say it, but that sounds a lot like something people say that can be associated with the pussification of America.  Nowadays it's always a "what if" this happens or that happens.  Everyone has gone into a mode of overprotection, doing anything and everything they can to stop anything remotely bad from happening.  You can't stop an earthquake from happening, and the chances of one are rare outside of an earthquake prone zone yeah, I'd probably go the extra mile to secure things.  But if you live in the middle of Nebraska or something it's pretty much useless.  And for what it's worth, a fiver falling from 6 feet could do some pretty good damage to a 3 foot tall kid, might wanna forget stacking period.....
So where are they to put all the heavy stuff?  Fivers are heavy, but there are many, many other heavy products throughout the entire store at a HIW.  It's not about what is in top stock, it's about who handles it.  When I put stuff up in top stock with a fork truck I always checked to make sure the load was secure and didn't wobble or anything.  I also made sure to be slow and careful when pulling into a load to pull it down.  Someone on the other side of the aisle screwed up with whatever lift they were operating causing this incident.  Driving a forklift is easier than driving a car, I don't see how people can F it up like they do.