Author Topic: HUGE freakin' murals  (Read 6531 times)

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
HUGE freakin' murals
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
I just got back from Foxboro MA, was working on a new interactive museum that will highlight the NE Patriots, and the history of football in the north east in general. What a job! It wasn't mine, I was only a hired gun on this one. I'm no stranger to construction sites, but I must be getting old. Having to tote buckets of rinse water up and down 3 stories of concrete steps several times a day kicked my a55. Not to mention climbing up 50 some odd feet of pipe staging took its toll too. Hmm, I have a smoke in one hand a a tall Starbucks coffee in the other as I type this, I wonder why I feel like crap?  ;D Here are a couple pictures:

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
Re: HUGE freakin' murals
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »
Here's another one we put up, probably the biggest I have ever done. It spanned over 3 floors, and needed about 25k worth of pipe staging to accomplish it, along with 5 hangers working on it simultaneously. And notice the wall goes off at several different angles. It was a complete b1tch to keep the graphics running true, and even harder to match. At graphics these size, when you are close up, all you see is pixels. We had to lay them out on the floor in the players clubhouse, and pre-match the seams using pieces of tape to find the graphics. Couldn't see 5hit until it was on the wall, and we stepped back across the building to look at it.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:07:59 AM »
Fortunately I had a good time working with knuckleheads like this guy, hanger Mark White from Boston: (That is pronounced like this: Mahke White from Bahston)

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
Wow! just wow.  Way outta my league!
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Vin

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »
Man talk about making football stars bigger then life  ;D

Thats quite something I noticed all the different angles in the walls man what a project but you can lay back, feel the pain with a smile of joy on your face reading all the $$$ on that check ;)

anything