Author Topic: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread  (Read 363577 times)

Offline wje

• Wes Evans Painting
Re: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »
Hello all, how cool that i can have a place to vent about all my frustrations and people will actually understand where i am coming from. First of all my name is Wes and I run a small operation in a small town in Ontario, Canada. Right now it is myself and my brother working, I used to have another man before winter but let him go when things slowed down. I am probably one of the younger ones here at 24 but come from a long line of painters. My Grandad was a master painter in England and came to Canada late fifties, he owned a commercial painting business in Toronto training my dad and uncle. I grew up helping my dad from the age of 14 on and started at 18 after high school full time. I have worked in the most amazing palaces to some of the grungiest places, in big and small cities. I try and stick to residential stuff and was fortunate enough to hook up with a disaster restoration company and they tend to throw a lot of nice size jobs my way which is nice, I don't even price it anymore they just tell me to do it and bill them.
I am still fine tuning the way i run things but focus on customer relations, I have had a ton of referalls in the past year and that is a good sign. I am looking to expand, but not at a pace that isn't comfortable. Being young makes it tough to get the respect of some of the older fellas who hate to admit a younger guy can run an operation without being arrogant or egotistical, so i usually try and shrug off those kind of people.

To the point now, I feel spoiled to have found the corona brushes as here they are hard to find, when i do find them they are always angled and we can't have that now can we? :P I try and use ICI paints when i can my rep there set me up nicely with my price points so i cannot complain.

Anyways guys I look forward to some painting discussions, if you feel like checking out some of my work, my site has some pics (not too many I can never remember a camera) and it is www.wesevanspainting.com 

Cheers

Offline George Z

• Toronto Painters
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
Painting Contractor from Toronto.
Ecopainting Inc.
We do about half commercial half residential repaints.

I am planning to drop by here as time permits, to share some experiences
and pick up some collective wisdom

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »
Ecopainting Inc.

Good to see you here George!

Offline decoman

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »
Ecopainting Inc.

Nice to see you as well George

MAK Deco
MAK -
Decoman

Offline hammerheart14

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »
Hi, I'm Jared. I work at Big Bear Paint Center in Big Bear, CA. Been selling paint retail for 12 years now. I have been painting in the field off and on for 16 years. I come from a painting background. My father, grandpa, and Aunt are all painters. My cousin also is a paint retailer. I am extremely good at what I do, but what I do best is matching paint. I am probally one of teh best paint matchers in southern california. So, that's about it.

Offline jmda

• House Painting
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »
Been here before, but did not log on for many months.

Our website is still in process (our new logo is not on it yet) but check it out if you have time.

http://www.housepaintinglouisville.com

I had joined a larger painting company almost a year ago as Production Manager, but got laid off as things remained slow into March and April.

Immediately started Albrecht Painting again and my wife joined me in sales - we are doing great so far.

Offline imdman

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »
Hi all, my name is Mohammed , and im from Melbourne Australia, im very happy to find this forum were we get to share what we know and what we need to know .

Ok ive been in the game for a lil over 10yrs mainly repaints with some cosmetic changes and a few new housing jobs,  but now im looking to go into the structual side of things were you can cash in at the end of the day.

I'll fill in more about myself as i go along.

Cheers

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
Hi all, my name is Mohammed , and im from Melbourne Australia, im very happy to find this forum were we get to share what we know and what we need to know .

Ok ive been in the game for a lil over 10yrs mainly repaints with some cosmetic changes and a few new housing jobs,  but now im looking to go into the structual side of things were you can cash in at the end of the day.

I'll fill in more about myself as i go along.

Cheers

Welcome Mohammed, I am from Melbourne, Florida USA! You'll find us a pretty friendly group here, there are so many pros here that anything you need to know about painting, prep, or wallpapering can be answered quickly, and please share your thoughts here as well! Look forward to learning more about you!

-"Auntie Jan"
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

Offline nater

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »
Hey guys.  New here, know some of you (from the webbings) and am happy to find another paint forum to join, and hopefully meet a bunch of new guys to talk shop and hobbies with.  Anywho.. howdy!

Nathan

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »
Welcome Nathan. glad you joined us.

lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline dtravis

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
Hello everyone.

My name is Dave im 25 years old and I am just starting my own company call Daves Painting Services. Ive been painting for over 6 year now and thought its time to start my own thing. I was hoping for some advice from a few of you from your experiences. Also maybe some direction where i can get hold of some forms/ templates such as invoices, receipts and other documents i will need for customers. 

I live in York Region in Ontario just outside of Toronto. I am also looking to find out where to go to register my new business and what is involved.

Thanks everyone for the help.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:36:21 AM by dtravis »
Dave Travis

Offline Mr Edd

• The Famous Mr Edd
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
Hi Guys, I am new here too.

My name is Eddie but as you can see by my handle I go by the name of Mr Edd after the talking horse.

I am now a retired painter having done it for nearly 50 years.  I did an indentured apprenticeship in the UK and after a while started my own business employing up to 4 guys.  I then decided I needed a break so I went to Australia with my wife and son and again after a while I started my own business and worked it for nearly 30 years employing up to 8 people including office staff plus a few subcontractors.  I came back to England in 1996 and went into computers, eventually I became a Network Manager looking after 200 workstations with 800 users.  That job became redundant and I couldn't get any more work in computers because of my age so I went back into painting but this time I worked for a large company running jobs.  I retired just on 12 months ago and now I just do a few odd painting and computer jobs for a bit of beer money.  Hic!  I put my son and daughter through their apprentaships.  My daughter is now running her own small painting business and my son works for a local councel running their social housing repairs. He has 57 people working for him.

Nice to meet you all, and look forward to chewing the cud with you.

Oh BTW.  I have travelled a fair bit in the US on holidays there, loved it.

Edd
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 05:27:56 PM by Mr Edd »
I'd be dyslexic if I could spell ti

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
Hey Eddie- good to have a guy who's been around on board!  Makes us 30 year guys look like kids.

;D
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline Mr Edd

• The Famous Mr Edd
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »
Hey Eddie- good to have a guy who's been around on board!  Makes us 30 year guys look like kids.

;D

Hi to you too.  We can all still learn a few things.  The day I stop learning is the day I stop breathing.

cough cough!

Edd
I'd be dyslexic if I could spell ti

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »
Eddie- any particular part of the industry you spend most of your time in? Just want to know what we can hit you for info on!
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

anything