Author Topic: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread  (Read 361564 times)

Offline Mr Edd

• The Famous Mr Edd
Re: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »
Eddie- any particular part of the industry you spend most of your time in? Just want to know what we can hit you for info on!

Most of my work was domestic.  The latter part of my sojourn in Oz I did a lot of work for house builders mostly new work but some old renovation work as well.  A small amount of business work such as hotels and pubs but my bread and butter was domestic.

Edd
I'd be dyslexic if I could spell ti

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
Welcome Mr Edd I'm sure we can learn a lot from you. And we do like to horse around sometimes. :D

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline PoetZero24

« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
Hellooo!  My name is Leona, 25, from a small town in west texas.  I moved home with my parents after living in New Bedford, MA for a few years.  "Moved home" would imply that it was a wanted move, but for lack of income and divorce reasons home was the best place to go.  When I got back to Texas I was miserable and thought it would be a horrible experience, but really it's been rather nice.  My parents wanted me to get a non painting job, but I decided to go to work with my dad (painting).  I have fallen in love with painting and am now being groomed to take over my dad's business when he retires.  I've learned a lot and am always looking for new tips and techniques.  Keep moving forward!  I am also a musician.  I play multiple instruments, compose, and write songs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:50:48 PM by PoetZero24 »

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2009, 07:40:27 AM »

I have fallen in love with painting and am now being groomed to take over my dad's business when he retires.  I've learned a lot and am always looking for new tips and techniques.  Keep moving forward! 

Hi Leona. Welcome to the small-but-mighty painter's site. I envy your new love interest. I'm actively (and unsuccesfully) seeking an alternate route to retirement... :-\

I am also a musician.  I play multiple instruments, compose, and write songs.

Once again, welcome. You'll find that a good many of us are musicians, some of us having been or are now working musicians and songwriters.

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »
Hi Leona, and welcome to where the really cool painters hang out!   ;D

You will find a wealth of information here, as well as friendly folks that have a great sense of humor.....a bit warped at times, but humor nonetheless. :)

I know all about moving due to financial reasons, but it's working out. In fact, since I joined this forum a while back, my business has steadily gotten busier. Coincidence? Maybe....... maybe not! Hang around with us anyway.

Welcome again!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

Offline Hangman

« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
Allow myself to introduce...........myself. Hangman refers to what I do best for a living. If you were ever near me on a golf course you would understand what the 418 is all about. Around 1982 I was backrolling blockfiller in 90 degree weather working on a new hotel when the paperhangers asked if anyone wanted to voluteer to help them get caught up. It wasn't that much easier than what I was doing to be honest but I soon found out I could get paid by the yard rather than by the hour so I stuck with it until I got pretty good at it. Along the way I kept painting too but some people are born to hang. I spent most of the 90's hanging residential goods in the Atlanta area but then everyone decided they would rather take it down than put it up so I had to rediscover my painting skills. About 10 years ago I moved back to my hometown in eastern TN and in this market it helps to be able to hang paper and paint. You're only as good as your last job so I try to get them right the first time.Time is money but repeat business is Gold. I do most of the work myself with a couple of guys to help. I've never been on a message board before and I don't speak the language very well, but I like to see what the pro's are up to and who knows, sometimes I might be able to add something that makes sense.
A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..........

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »
If you were ever near me on a golf course you would understand what the 418 is all about.

I play occasionally but do not get 418 ???

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »
Welcome to the board Hangman. We look forward to your input.  :)

lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
Welcome Hangman.. No special language needed here... we welcome your knowledge and input..  ;)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
Always welcome another paperhanger.  :)
We are a dying breed.

Offline Hangman

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »
If you were ever near me on a golf course you would understand what the 418 is all about.

I play occasionally but do not get 418 ???

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!...........18holes
A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..........

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2010, 06:09:35 AM »
aah   ok ;D

Offline VJ1

• PRODUCT REP.
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My name is Vandi, and I am a Technical Representative for the largest Benjamin Moore agent south of Virginia. I encountered this site yesterday and thought my input may assist others from a tech standpoint.
I represent mainly Benjamin Moore & Co., Coronado Paints and Insl-x. I am also affiliated with Akzo Nobel, Zinsser, XIM, Chemcraft, Richards, Tuf-Top, Dyco, etc. etc. etc.
I am a member of the Construction Specification Institute, and write specs for new construction and major repaints for Condominium Associations, Commercial Buildings and Government Agencies. I then assign qualified painting contractors to bid the jobs and inspect all the work in progress to ensure Benjamin Moore's quality control.
I work with Architects, Designers and Applicators for continued education into new products and application techniques in the industry.
I also assist with tech for our smaller contractors too in any way I can.
Thats a brief synopsis of what I do, and I appreciate you all letting me be a part of this forum.
You will notice in my posts that I may not always recommend a system I represent. I will however recommend a system which I believe is right for your application.
Regards,
Vandi.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »
Welcome aboard Vandi. I look forward to pickin your brain on some of the technical stuff, as that I do all sorts of "modifications" to paint, and can only know the consequences by experience.
 And I notice right away that you weren't a one trick pony by what you were recommending.
 That goes along way here.
 It's been slow on the forum lately , but should pick up with the weather a bit. 
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
Welcome Vandi. I guess you already see we don't always agree on this forum, but we try to stay friendly.  :)

Lynjo
Charlotte Whitton