Author Topic: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread  (Read 362810 times)

Offline cecerestephen

• C W Painting Contractors Inc.
Re: The "Hi And A Bit About Myself" Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2010, 08:00:51 AM »
Hey there ... I'm from not so sunny Jacksonville. Not so sunn y but me and my little company try to make it shinier. :D
C W Painting Contractors Inc.
4503 Old Spanish Trail Jacksonville, FL
9046727888FAX
C W Painting Contractors Inc. offers commercial painting at affordable prices.
Painting, Painting Contractor, Commercial Painting, Parking Lot Striping, Painter

Offline mistcoat

• Before & After Painting Company
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2010, 03:36:36 PM »
Just saying a BIG welcome to all those I have missed again since I last said Welcome. Stupid Boy that I am 
Happy Days!!!

Offline Colour Republic

• Painters & Decorators - Brighton & Hove
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
Just saying a BIG welcome to all those I have missed again since I last said Welcome. Stupid Boy that I am 

Hello Mistcoat! Fancy seeing you here! You must think i'm stalking you now!

Anyway... Hello Guys (and gals maybe??), I've seen some familar names already when I had a quick look around your lovely place here. But for those that don't know me I run an interior refurbishment business in Brighton & Hove - England. We undertake all sorts of work but I origanally started the company some 14 years ago just offering painting and decorating so it's still a core area of the business and of course my first love.

We offer do all the normal stuff you'd expect - painting, paperhanging, murals...

Anyway i'm off to take a proper look around ;D

Hope you don't think is spam, if you want to remove than that's cool but I thought I'd show you a video of some of the stuff we do while I have a read of some of the posts here ;)

Mural Artist Brighton and Hove

Offline mistcoat

« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »
Hello Mistcoat! Fancy seeing you here! You must think i'm stalking you now!
Hello CR, you managed to climb PF beanstalk then  ;D

There is a big Giant here who smells Englishmen's blood  :o
Happy Days!!!

Offline wearinit

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
Hi I'm Kelli and I'm a muralist, and interior painter.

Offline mistcoat

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
Yo Kelli 
Happy Days!!!

Offline wearinit

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
Yo Mist.  ;D

Offline mistcoat

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
Don't it make you feel better giving a "Yo" out on a forum   
Happy Days!!!

Offline wearinit

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
I do enjoy the ...yo...

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
'Ey yo, don't make me say "get a room"... ;)

Offline redjpang

« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2010, 04:04:03 PM »
Hello,
I cannot believe the amount of information that you share on this forum.  It is amazing!!!  I believe God always supplies you with answers to your prayers and you guys and gals sure do have a lot of answers.  I have gone back in your history of threads and studied many of them.  especially the one pertaining to new business start ups.  I do have more questions that I have not found the answers to, but this is not the thread for the questions.  I'm supposed to tell you about myself, but here I am just rambling on, so here it goes.

I started painting for my father's business at 8 years old.  I don't think I was much help other then being a gopher then and somebody for him to talk to while working by himself. (Where were those child labors laws back then.)  ;D  Anyways, at sometime I found myself with a brush and roller in my hand.  Later I found to appreciate doing a good job versus slopping paint on the wall.  I'll always remember Dad saying"put some paint on that roller"  he could tell by the sound I was pushing down real hard to squeeze paint out.  I've painted for friends and family over the years and now find myself wanting to do it more.  So it is now time to turn (as you say) professional.  Here I am with some 40 years experience and after reading your forum threads, I feel as if I am just beginning.  So here I am. 

Thankyou for everything you have taught me so far and for future lesson.

Offline iowapainter

« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
Hello. My name is Todd and I am an interior finish paint crew leader with a company that also does custom finished millwork. I am familiar with various spray applications of both oil and waterborne paint and finish products. I also do my fair share of brush and roller jobs. We run 6 crews and I also have a pretty decent side business. I prefer Corona or Wooster brushes and Graco spray equipment. I work/live in Iowa and deal with having to make paint stick even with 60-70 degree temperature swings in the winters. I have quite a bit of varied experience with everything from new construction to insurance work. This is a really good forum and I have found a lot of great information. I am glad to have joined.

Offline twistdawrist

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
Hi  I'm pete and I started biz in '88.  Was tired of being mentally assaulted by arrogant powermaniac goons  so now I just  work independantly and get it  from complete strangers, ah the life.   You know it  doesn't matter who tells you what you have to judge for yourself, they are all in it for themselves, especially the paint dealers, sleep with one  eye open!! Lately been suffering from sprained  muscles in the arm wrist and thumb,ankle and knee, those carpel joints hence the  name. Friggin  eyes too, damn  can't paint till eighty after all. I'm in south Ontario

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Hi  I'm pete and I started biz in '88.  Was tired of being mentally assaulted by arrogant powermaniac goons  so now I just  work independantly and get it  from complete strangers, ah the life.   You know it  doesn't matter who tells you what you have to judge for yourself, they are all in it for themselves, especially the paint dealers, sleep with one  eye open!! Lately been suffering from sprained  muscles in the arm wrist and thumb,ankle and knee, those carpel joints hence the  name. Friggin  eyes too, damn  can't paint till eighty after all. I'm in south Ontario

Ah Pete, WELCOME! Finally, a paint slinger with a cheery outlook! We look excitedly forward to any upbeat and enthusiastic input you may have to contribute!

Now, take a number and go sit over there....

;)

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »
Forgetaboutit as far as the pizzin and moanin dept. Eric's got the lead and you have alot of peddling to do!

BTW, Welcome and stay for more than a week, wouldja?
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)