Author Topic: Behr Ultra-Premium flashing problem!!  (Read 45509 times)

Offline Chip McCheckellson

Re: Behr Ultra-Premium flashing problem!!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 02:52:17 PM »
How long'd ya wait before painting after pressure washing? Maybe the surface was damp? Or perhaps it was painted too late at night and now has shiny spots from, oh what is it called...surfactant leeching or something like that?
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die, opt to adopt.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »
How long'd ya wait before painting after pressure washing? Maybe the surface was damp? Or perhaps it was painted too late at night and now has shiny spots from, oh what is it called...surfactant leeching or something like that?

I think Chip hit the nail on the head with this one.... Way ta go Chip!    :)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Vin

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:03 AM »
well since your question was pretaining to exterior I can't comment on the durability of the paint,

since I do interior work I paint with behr's premium plus for customers and I don't have a problem with it.  Hasn't let me down.   Nice and thick and great base for decorative finishes; however there are some better choices but to say I have had problems with application or have been called back on a job, never.

I used the interior behr premium plus ultra the other day and i have to say it's the best paint i have used yet yes thats right, the best.  I went a light dusty tan color over a medium green and it covered in 2 coats easily . The paint was wonderful to work with, I believe it ran about $38 a gallon and it's worth every dime when a paint applys the way that stuff did, coverage was superb.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 05:49:32 AM »
coverage was superb.

lucky you ;D

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »
Vin, that is great to hear. 

I haven't had the chance to try the Behr "ULTRA" .  May just have to go get some and play with it a bit.

It has been a while since I used the Behr premium and I never had any complaints using it either.  I think more is on a personal side just having to go inside a home store and having to wait or have someone from garden center over in the paint section filling in .

Offline CarlThePainter

• postingpro
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »
well since your question was pretaining to exterior I can't comment on the durability of the paint,

since I do interior work I paint with behr's premium plus for customers and I don't have a problem with it.  Hasn't let me down.   Nice and thick and great base for decorative finishes; however there are some better choices but to say I have had problems with application or have been called back on a job, never.

I used the interior behr premium plus ultra the other day and i have to say it's the best paint i have used yet yes thats right, the best.  I went a light dusty tan color over a medium green and it covered in 2 coats easily . The paint was wonderful to work with, I believe it ran about $38 a gallon and it's worth every dime when a paint applys the way that stuff did, coverage was superb.

I'd still like to try the new Behr, but sadly I don't really shop at Home Depot ;D.    I will say though that when we talk about coverage as a criteria for making a paint good or bad, we do have to keep in mind that the color itself is usually the main factor.  What color we are covering and what color we are painting with are the factors.   Most of these medium base taupe type colors really seem to cover pretty well in any brand.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 06:03:03 AM »
but sadly I don't really shop at Home Depot .

SADLY??? :o ;D

Offline Georgie Wood

• postingpro
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 05:22:44 PM »
Sagly = Behr paint

Offline BehrPro Support

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 07:53:49 AM »
Vin, we’re glad to hear that you had such a good experience with the product. Thanks for sharing. DecorativeWalls, let us know if you get a chance to use it. We’re interested in your feedback.
Jesse for BEHR Professional Products and Services
http://www.behrpro.com

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:59 PM »
Not interested in why Georgie thinks it's sagly?
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline Jake

• postingpro
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
Not interested in why Georgie thinks it's sagly?

OH *SNAP*!!!
The only thing that separates Paint from Pain... Is a t.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
He is certainly not interested in what I have to say :o

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »
I've used a number of different Behr products, and as I've said in a few threads on this forum, I've never really had any problems with the stuff...Except...

When I contract to a customer one of the benefits to them is the fact that I don't mark up materials. I really don't do enough volume for it to make me money, and the customers LOVE it. If the customer chooses to supply material, sobeit, but they are responsible for the price they pay for that paint, and I tell them that up front.

...That being said, my paint suppliers give me a professional discount that pretty much all of us receive by doing repeat business as professionals. The prices I pay for top-of-the-line are much lower than I can get at a box store.

Box stores aren't convenient to a painter who requires 40 or 70 gallons of exterior satin. The reason that there are paint-specific outlets are many, and in my mind overwhelm the consideration of a comprehensive hardware store, though I know there are some who do.

And I haven't been in a H-D literally in years...

...But like I said, I've never had any problems with Behr's products. The surfactant leaching that was mentioned earlier is possible with ALL brands.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:42:39 PM by the PAINTSMITH »

Offline CarlThePainter

• postingpro
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
I think he should give us all a few free gallons to try out.   

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 05:51:14 AM »
I think he should give us all a few free gallons to try out.   

No thanks, I would not use any of their products, even for free. Not worth the effort to get them applied properly,IMO. :P

anything