Author Topic: Blasphemy.....  (Read 4822 times)

Offline blackwolf

• Just the fax maam
Blasphemy.....
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Hello All I hope everyone is doing well... ;D     

let me just say that I'm in the middle of painting 5 rooms on one level of a 3 story home, anywho my buddy and I are moving along pretty good but I needed an extra brush so we can committ 2 cut buckets per color... I was in WALMART  :-[ the other night and decided to get a cheap brush so I purchased an $8.00 2 1/2 latex brush, company name (Linzer).....

Sorry to say  :'(  but it worked circles around my Corona's, I swear I had no expectations for this brush but it held paint, released and cut excellent lines... my buddy has been painting for about 25 years and I gave him the brush to cut with without telling him where I purchased it, halfway through the room he comments on how good the brush is and I spill the beans :-\ I never thought the day would come when my trusty Corona's would meet their match let alone from Walmart :'( ......

If anyone is looking for a good brush for half the price give it a shot (Red bristles) I will get the complete model name for you by tomorrow.  ??? can I post this last sentence ? sorry in advance admin. 0:>)   

Offline tallpaul

Re: Blasphemy.....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
I wonder how long it will last?

Offline castlebond007

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:19:23 PM »
yeah, try cutting the back-band of a door jamb though.....i bet it will split on ya.....

Offline blackwolf

• Just the fax maam
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
Taull,

I know it may be a little early so I will give it some time 0:>)....but just as an example, I painted for 7 1/2 hrs today with the Linzer brush and it was just as firm after I washed it at the end of the day as when I started with it. (2160 pro impact is the model name by Linzer.)

don't get me wrong I love my Corona's but with the financial situation the way it is, getting a good brush that can help you maintain your productivity level for half the price adds up. ;)

Offline Roadog

• postingpro
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
I have owned a few Linzer's bought from a B.M. dealer and they were nice brushes. I normally am a Corona/Wooster user but if I see a Linzer I have no problems or doubts about buying them. They make a nice white china bristle also.

Offline TomTom

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 11:08:03 PM »
Are they made in the U.S.?

Offline tallpaul

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »
I asked about how long they will last b/c the only brushes I have bought at Walmart tended to fray at the ends after 1-3 uses (on exterior though). I am open to lower priced brushes from Walmart if they will last and I am able to get the same results as the expensive brushes I buy. It sounds like you may have found something worth looking into.
Kelly Moore here has some decent brushes for around $8.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
If those brushes work well but don't last, do what I do; Charge them as materials to your jobs. Any that have durability then become a bonus.

Jared

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 11:28:10 AM »
Note that within the last 2 yrs or so, Linzer has bought up dozens of small applicator & sundry manufacturers - some were bought & dropped, others were bought & integrated into Linzer's production lines.  (For example, those "Derma Roller" sheepskins I used to rave about are now part of Linzer's product line.)

So, we are bound to see a large increase in the number of higher-quality Linzer applicators on the market.  This doesn't mean that they are no longer making their (very) low-end lines - so be sure to examine what you're buying...