Author Topic: A pic for you, definitely in the "ugly" cat...  (Read 6988 times)

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
A pic for you, definitely in the "ugly" cat...
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:15:10 AM »
I was on the last stages of a current job and I was moving furniture in preparation to do these baseboards. When I pulled a dresser out of the corner, this is what I found behind it. The drywall guys put all new baseboards in, and they had good equipment to boot. I really wanted to fix it but HO just wanted it painted for now, so I obliged. Yeah I know it's behind a dresser, but I still know it's there... ;)

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

Offline Georgie Wood

• postingpro
Re: A pic for you, definitely in the "ugly" cat...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »
Lovely. Yep, 2 nails 'ill do 'er.  ;)/; They mitered the joint, coped the inside corner, but in the end failed to execute.  Nice caulk job too. Good luck cutting a clean line on that one. Do I spy wallpaper under that black paint?

I run in to crap like that on jobs sometimes. When I say something I inevitably hear, "you're such a perfectionist", as if it's a bad word.

Vin

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:37:35 AM »
LOL i see the wall paper too good eye Georgie, thats are head shakers there hide it good this could come back on you for NOT pointing it out to someone in authority Jan

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »
Man that is a painter nightmare. Good luck making it look even half right.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:37:46 AM »
Yeah you're right, there is wallpaper under the black which I will be removing and painting at a later date, in fact I'm pretty sure I was asking advice from the wallpaper folks about it in another thread. The homeowner was just weary of his house being in disarray (over a month, this is the same house with the pool table) so he told me just to do what I could; but I'll be going back to the nightmare baseboards and when I do they're coming off and gonna be dome properly, behind a dresser or not! They left some gaps that were easily a 1/4" from the tile. *sigh*

Heck the HO even paid me for the room and all I did was paint the baseboards, he was pleased with the other rooms I did so it was sort of a "tip". I do other work for this man all the time and he's a gooood customer, nice to have a few like that!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

anything