Author Topic: Spraying Wall/Ceiling Corner. SprayGuard or Cut in?  (Read 4707 times)

rich

Spraying Wall/Ceiling Corner. SprayGuard or Cut in?
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:25:04 PM »
In the past I have mainly used my sprayer for priming or sometimes priming and ceilings. However I was thinking about using the sprayer for the walls also. What is the best way to protect the ceiling when painting the walls?

Is a spray guard the way to go or should we cut in and come down a few inches and then spray from there? I never used a spray guard before. If I use that to protect the ceiling corners am I going to get so much paint on the spray guard that it will just make a mess on the wall the next time I put it down?

My other choice would be to cut in and have my helper who is doing the backrolling roll the top 12 inches or so. That is what I am leaning towards but the idea of the spray guard seems like a real time saver, especially if I could use it at the door moldings.

the PAINTSMITH

Re:Spraying Wall/Ceiling Corner. SprayGuard or Cut in?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:34 PM »
Hi Rich

Been there, done that...With the shield you wind up touching up what you're shielding. And you'd better have the floor well covered and paper that shield off, often if it's a latge project...

I've always had better luck cutting in and down to 12"...And shield anyway (pesky overspray)...

Good luck