Author Topic: Besides me, will any painters admit to giving ceilings just two coats of primer?  (Read 57678 times)

Offline Georgie Wood

• postingpro
Anyone used Kilz 2 on ceilings? I have a customer that wants to keep the price down and asked me to put 2 coats on and leave it.

>:( Hey fella, you tryin' to start something?

;D

Check earlier in this thread for further details, but I just did some popcorn ceilings with Kilz 2. It's the first time i've ever used it. So, I have a limited opinion on this particular product. I was trying to save my brother in-law some money and sprayed out the ceilings with some cheap Olympic ceiling paint that he bought, and damned if stains didn't bleed through(there were no apparent stains before I sprayed). He had a 5 of Kilz 2, so we both agreed that I would just roll a coat of Kilz 2 and leave it at that. I had to go back over it lightly to minimize flashing. To tell you the truth, I regret it. It sounds like it's no big deal, but you'll probably regret it, as I do.

You know, I went into the attic of that house to install some backer strips of wood so I could patch around a light, and there were rat tunnels all through the insulation. He said they had an exterminator out, and the rats should be gone. But just this evening I was thinking about it. I wonder if it was possible that it was rat urine that was bleeding through the paint. Sheesh, the things we do sometimes to make a buck. There were rat droppings all in the master closet. His father is practically disabled. Imagine laying in bed, being disabled with diabeties and barely being able to walk, and listening to rats rummaging around in your closet.

Anyway, of course, it's your call Vin. But I would try to talk him into doing it right. Saving people money by taking shortcuts always seems to come back and bite you in the ass.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:12:43 AM by Georgie Wood »

Vin

I am taking it back and getting gripper then some cheap ceiling paint instead, thanks guys for talking me out of that.

Offline Bob1357

What's primer?

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/

What's primer? :o :o :o :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(paint)