Author Topic: Here is another decorative art business that I own - YouTube Video  (Read 4170 times)

Offline FoilEffects

• Foil Effects
Here is a link to my mirror website:  www.Antiqued-Mirrors.com

Here is a link to my mirror video actually showing me mirror a piece of clear glass and antiquing it in the process.  I know that this is not painting but it is my most popular thing that I am doing right now and I sell tons of this each month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjH00sWMUc

I have been doing mirrors and decorative mirrors for about 18 years, I have developed a ton of stuff for what at one time was a dying art and in the last 4 years I have given it shock theropy back to a better business by far then painting, faux, furniture or cabinet painting.  Just thought that you may like to see this process.  It is a how to video, doesnt really show you all the steps but gives you a basic idea of how to do it my way.  I do about 500 different finishes some that would just boggle the mind and have a 60" plotter for cutting my own stencils.

Let me know what you think...
Check out our website at
www.foileffects.com

Vin

Re: Here is another decorative art business that I own - YouTube Video
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »
AWESOME mirrors I love the chemical aspect of it all LOL

You've really got everything setup well do you have an actual shop you work out of or is this all done at home ?

Offline FoilEffects

• Foil Effects
Re: Here is another decorative art business that I own - YouTube Video
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »
I have a small 500 sf basement for storage and a 1500 sf garage and I also have rented a building which is a 1200 sf storefront that I rent for a whopping $300 per month.  I have had the building for 2 months and have never even walked into it as I have been laying out the mirror showroom that I want to set up and right now I have been working on my free time (which there aint much) on sample mirrors for people to look at.  I designed the chemicals for the mirrors and have a chemist put them together for me, I also designed and manufacture myself the MSR.  I came up with it about 8 years ago off a formula handed down to me from my great grandfather but I have modified it for todays use.

My issue is I do everything myself, plus me and my wife buy out about 20 unpaid storage units a month and liquidate the contents so needless to say I am always on the run.  I have been wiped for the last 2 days and have done almost nothing but sleep.

Watch this little video on the MSR that I designed, it is a little ad that I have running on YouTube (I am only posting it as I doubt anyone here would be interested as it is a very nitche market that buys it from me).  This is the product that I developed 8 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlUEpYj8o4M

Believe it or not to the mirroring market I sell over 1000 bottles of that a year sometimes more.  I make 5 gallon buckets and 55 gallon drums of it for about 5 companies.  The best part is I have no compitition as the only other product that did the same thing was pulled off the market because it had toxic levels of chromium in it!  Thats the crap that the Erin Brockovich story was based on where she fought the chemical plant.

Well either way, check it out if you get a chance.  I think that you will notice that I am a 12 Stones fan based on the music in my videos.

Rob
Check out our website at
www.foileffects.com

anything